• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Complete ALTOS 686 System with proprietary Monitor and Keyboard

craigv888

Hey guys, I just got a big load of Vintage computer items. Some other things that i'll be working on testing and selling are some IBM monitors, A TRS-80 Model III and Model 4. And other misc items. I primarily collect console gaming items so i'll be keeping a few items (mostly just the TRS-80 Color Computers), but i'm looking to sell the rest. I do sell on eBay but prefer dealing on collectors forums like this(i have used NintendoAge.com for many deals). I decided to deal with this ALTOS 686 System first because of how clean it is. When I received it all 3 components (the keyboard, monitor, and computer) were all in garbage bags taped shut. It is very clean and in great condition. I plugged everything in, the monitor took a while to warm up, but everything powered on fine. When on it asks me to press 1 to boot to the hard drive, 2 to boot from the floppy drive or 3 boot to debug mode. Pressing one just gives me an error, so maybe the hard drive is bad? I dont have a floppy disk for it so i cant try to boot from that. Pressing 3, it apparently goes into debug mode but i dont know any further commands to input. The monitor for the system is proprietary, the keyboard connects to the system through the monitor. Besides the fact that i cant boot from the hard disk the only other problem that i can see with it is the Floppy Drive lever is stuck. I cant get it to move. I dont know a lot about vintage computers or working on them. Maybe someone on here knows more about this ALTOS computer? If there is interest in the system i could sell it to someone through the forum, otherwise i suppose i'll have to put it on eBay. The only other ALTOS computer i could find online is this one on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Altos-586-M...197&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=190729367778& . But that one seems fairly useless without the proprietary monitor or keyboard. So, i am open to offers, we could work out some way to ship it. Of course meeting locally would be great too. I'm located in the Greenville, South Carolina area. Tomorrow i have something i need to do in Myrtle Beach, SC. For Thanksgiving i'll be heading up to Ohio (so i could possibly even stop somewhere on the way up north to meet someone). If interested send me over a PM. Thanks!

CIMG0915.jpgCIMG0913.jpgCIMG0916.jpgCIMG0917.jpgCIMG0918.jpg
96BB966F-D109-0ED2-19434F2F57EDE1BA.jpg
\
96D3E015-A568-343E-3F607A073C5FDE00.jpg

Back