Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules and Etiquette

Our mission ...

This forum is part of our mission to promote the preservation of vintage computers through education and outreach. (In real life we also run events and have a museum.) We encourage you to join us, participate, share your knowledge, and enjoy.

This forum has been around in this format for over 15 years. These rules and guidelines help us maintain a healthy and active community, and we moderate the forum to keep things on track. Please familiarize yourself with these rules and guidelines.

Rule 1: Remain civil and respectful

There are several hundred people who actively participate here. People come from all different backgrounds and will have different ways of seeing things. You will not agree with everything you read here. Back-and-forth discussions are fine but do not cross the line into rude or disrespectful behavior.

Conduct yourself as you would at any other place where people come together in person to discuss their hobby. If you wouldn't say something to somebody in person, then you probably should not be writing it here.

This should be obvious but, just in case: profanity, threats, slurs against any group (sexual, racial, gender, etc.) will not be tolerated.

Rule 2: Stay close to the original topic being discussed
  • If you are starting a new thread choose a reasonable sub-forum to start your thread. (If you choose incorrectly don't worry, we can fix that.)
  • If you are responding to a thread, stay on topic - the original poster was trying to achieve something. You can always start a new thread instead of potentially "hijacking" an existing thread.

Rule 3: Contribute something meaningful

To put things in engineering terms, we value a high signal to noise ratio. Coming here should not be a waste of time.
  • This is not a chat room. If you are taking less than 30 seconds to make a post then you are probably doing something wrong. A post should be on topic, clear, and contribute something meaningful to the discussion. If people read your posts and feel that their time as been wasted, they will stop reading your posts. Worse yet, they will stop visiting and we'll lose their experience and contributions.
  • Do not bump threads.
  • Do not "necro-post" unless you are following up to a specific person on a specific thread. And even then, that person may have moved on. Just start a new thread for your related topic.
  • Use the Private Message system for posts that are targeted at a specific person.

Rule 4: "PM Sent!" messages (or, how to use the Private Message system)

This forum has a private message feature that we want people to use for messages that are not of general interest to other members.

In short, if you are going to reply to a thread and that reply is targeted to a specific individual and not of interest to anybody else (either now or in the future) then send a private message instead.

Here are some obvious examples of when you should not reply to a thread and use the PM system instead:
  • "PM Sent!": Do not tell the rest of us that you sent a PM ... the forum software will tell the other person that they have a PM waiting.
  • "How much is shipping to ....": This is a very specific and directed question that is not of interest to anybody else.

Why do we have this policy? Sending a "PM Sent!" type message basically wastes everybody else's time by making them having to scroll past a post in a thread that looks to be updated, when the update is not meaningful. And the person you are sending the PM to will be notified by the forum software that they have a message waiting for them. Look up at the top near the right edge where it says 'Notifications' ... if you have a PM waiting, it will tell you there.

Rule 5: Copyright and other legal issues

We are here to discuss vintage computing, so discussing software, books, and other intellectual property that is on-topic is fine. We don't want people using these forums to discuss or enable copyright violations or other things that are against the law; whether you agree with the law or not is irrelevant. Do not use our resources for something that is legally or morally questionable.

Our discussions here generally fall under "fair use." Telling people how to pirate a software title is an example of something that is not allowable here.

Reporting problematic posts

If you see spam, a wildly off-topic post, or something abusive or illegal please report the thread by clicking on the "Report Post" icon. (It looks like an exclamation point in a triangle and it is available under every post.) This send a notification to all of the moderators, so somebody will see it and deal with it.

If you are unsure you may consider sending a private message to a moderator instead.

New user moderation

New users are directly moderated so that we can weed spammers out early. This means that for your first 10 posts you will have some delay before they are seen. We understand this can be disruptive to the flow of conversation and we try to keep up with our new user moderation duties to avoid undue inconvenience. Please do not make duplicate posts, extra posts to bump your post count, or ask the moderators to expedite this process; 10 moderated posts will go by quickly.

New users also have a smaller personal message inbox limit and are rate limited when sending PMs to other users.

Other suggestions
  • Use Google, books, or other definitive sources. There is a lot of information out there.
  • Don't make people guess at what you are trying to say; we are not mind readers. Be clear and concise.
  • Spelling and grammar are not rated, but they do make a post easier to read.
See more
See less

FS: Good Used Vintage Computer Hardware - Tested - Working

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Good Used Vintage Computer Hardware - Tested - Working

I've got a ton of vintage computer hardware for sale, some already posted on my eBay Store and other stuff that I will add to this post over the next few days.

You can start here and let me know if you see anything of interest. (There are a few other non-computer related odds and ends listed in the store as well, just cleaning out the garage.)

http://stores.ebay.com/pro-data

eBay Member Since May 1999 - 100% Positive Feedback
    Last edited by Pro-Data; January 3, 2013, 08:00 AM.

OK, here is the start of my listings of good clean working vintage computer hardware and software.

Keep checking back as I will continue to update this thread.

SIIG Enhanced MemoPlus 8MB Memory Expansion Card 16 Bit AT (No Memory Installed)

SIIG MemoPlus 2MB Memory Expansion Card 16 Bit AT (1.5MB Memory Installed)

DFI RamBank 2MB Memory Expansion Card 16 Bit AT (No Memory Installed)

DFI RamBank 2MB Memory Expansion Card 8 Bit XT (No Memory Installed)

Matched Sets of 30 Pin Memory

8 Bit Cooling Card

Comment

Is there any reason why all the pics of memory chips are inverted, making them a real PITA to read?

Is this stuff tested/working or ‘as is’? It surely looks good.
      PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Comment

Originally posted by Stone View Post
        Is there any reason why all the pics of memory chips are inverted, making them a real PITA to read?

Is this stuff tested/working or ‘as is’? It surely looks good.
        LOL! Good catch! I just thought I'd make things interesting for you guys. I've fixed it now.

I've been in business since 1985 and this stuff was all mine or pulls from customers computers that were upgraded and has literally been sitting on a shelf in anti-static bags in my various garages over the years.

I'm pretty sure that all of it is working, but I will also back it up with a money back guarantee. You can check my eBay Feedback and see that I don't sell junk.

Working on another big batch of memory and other stuff right now. Stay Tuned!

Comment

Ahhhh, thanx, my neck feels better already.

Ya' know, I've got lots of stuff that's been stored on shelves, too. And as it's turned out, it fares way better there than it does in service. Most of the stuff that I've had sitting around for twenty years or more still works like it was new. And, for the multisync monitors, especially, they work as good as new. CRT monitors are certainly one item that age noticably with use.
          PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Comment

More Matched Sets of 30 Pin Memory

Last edited by Pro-Data; January 5, 2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Some VLB I/O Controllers, Video Cards

Some SCSI Controllers

Last edited by Pro-Data; January 5, 2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

4 AT Station (A,B,C,D) Keyboard, Video, Mouse, Switch and Cables (4 Sets of 6 Foot Cables Included)

4 AT Station (A,B,C,D) Keyboard, Video, Switch and Cables (2 Sets of 6 Foot Cables and 2 Sets of 8 Foot Cables Included)

4 AT Station (A,B,C,D) Keyboard, Video, Mouse, Switch and Cables (3 Sets of 6 Foot Cables Included)

COVOX Voice Master Key - 75.00 + Shipping

COVOX Sound Master II - $100.00 + Shipping

A Bare Card sold on eBay for $40.00 (Search for COVOX and Completed Listings) so I'm sorry to say, this is my bottom dollar on this baby. Sorry.

Everything that came with this is in the box in Mint Condition. You won't find another one like this anytime soon.

Last edited by Pro-Data; January 5, 2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Nice set of equipment there! Definetly some tempting stuff and the guarantee is a nice welcome from the usual "as-is" basis. The stuff you have listed here is of more interest then the stuff in your store on eBay IMHO. The 8MB expansion card should be an easy sell. I would be making offers on some of this stuff but I've already blown my budet for this month and the Mrs. is threatening alot of pain if more boxes arrive!
                  Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Comment

Did ya already sell the Adaptec 1542 up there? I didn't see it in any of your listings

Compaq Prosignia VS 486: Intel i486dx2/66, 96 Megs RAM, 4GB HD, FreeBSD 3.5.1
                    Apple //c: ROM Version 255, Color monitor, mouse, joystick
                    DEC Vaxstation 3100 m76: 32 Megs RAM, 1GB HD, NetBSD 2.0/OpenVMS 7.3
                    DEC VT101

Wanted: AT&T PC 7300/3b1 "UNIX PC", MicroVAX II

Comment

Originally posted by TN-048 View Post
                      Did ya already sell the Adaptec 1542 up there? I didn't see it in any of your listings
                      The stuff listed here with the pictures is not listed on my eBay Store. Most of the stuff on eBay is a bit more recent, the stuff I'm listing here is the Vintage/Collectable goodies.

Much, much, more to come, I haven't even started.

Comment

Originally posted by TN-048 View Post
                        Sorry I forgot, I just listed it, I've still got it.

Comment

Original Sony CDU31A CD-ROM's and 8 Bit Controller Cards

MFM or RLL 8 Bit Controller Cards (I forget so know what you are buying)

3C87-33 386 Math Co-Processor Chip

Orchid Farenheit 1280 16 Bit VGA Video Card

Trident 16 Bit VGA Video Card

Assorted 72 Pin 8MB EDO RAM you pick and choose one or all, it's up to you.

Assorted 72 Pin 16MB EDO RAM you pick and choose one or all, it's up to you.

Assorted PAIRS of 30 Pin

More Assorted PAIRS of 30 Pin

Assorted SINGLES of 30Pin Memory you pick and choose one or all, it's up to you.

More Assorted SINGLES of 30Pin Memory you pick and choose one or all, it's up to you.
                          Last edited by Pro-Data; January 6, 2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

64MB SDRAM Modules

1.2MB TEAC FD-55GFR Floppy Drives

The Complete Half-Page Scanner /400

CAT Image Enhancer

CAT Color Converter

The Complete Communicator for DOS

The Complete Communicator for DOS/Windows 3.1

The Complete Fax

Virgin Microsoft Office 97 Professional on 1.44MB Disks (47 Disks, No Install Key Included)

Virgin Microsoft Office Professional v4.3 on 1.2MB Disks (36 Disks, No Install Key Included)

Comment

SN3200 10 Base-T PCI Ethernet BNC/RJ45 Cards

Conexant 56K PCI Modems

Misc. PCI Modems

Belkin Female DB25 to Male DB25 6 Foot Serial Cables

Belkin Female DB9 to Male DB25 6 Foot Serial Cables

Comment

Working...
                              X