• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Tandy 3800 HD Laptop

Paralel

Experienced Member
Tandy 3800 HD Laptop, fully functional, upgraded to maximum RAM (3 MB) with proper low profile SIMMs, Seagate ST9655AG 524.4 MB Hard Drive using Ontrack Disk Manager 9.53 for Seagate drives w/ DOS 6.22 & WfW 3.11 installed on HD, new compatible AC adapter (Sony brand).

No main battery, no floppy drive, and it needs a new CMOS battery (TL-5186) [The old TL-5168 was removed from the system to prevent any potential damage from occurring if it ruptured during transit]. All the mounting hardware for the floppy drive is present, one just has to be slotted in and connected. The system had a NiCad main battery, which was left in the system for a number of years and experienced a loss of containment (which they are wont to do). As such, I replaced the corroded battery interface with a compatible part from a donor system and cleaned up the motherboard.

I will include 3 disks with the system. One with the Seagate/Ontrack Disk Manager DDO software on it, one with the Tandy CMOS setup program on it, and one with Snooper 3.44 on it so you can set the CMOS HD parameter once you install the new CMOS battery. I can also include a DOS 6.22 boot disk if desired.

Here is a link to the Tandy site which has absolutely all the information on the 3800 HD one would want to know:

http://support.radioshack.com/support_computer/1470.htm

I want to see it get a good home, so I'm willing to ship it anywhere. Buyer pays actual shipping.

I paid $41.00 for it a few months ago. I don't expect to get the full value of what I paid for it. Any and all offers will be entertained. If you have any comments, questions, concerns, etc... please reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Last edited:
Here are pics of the system:

T2eC16ZysE9sy0i2WDBRkhRTBv60_57.jpg

KGrHqNqcFFyDfk82BRkhTHdB3Q60_57.jpg

T2eC16FwsE9suwyZDBRkhRvzeVQ60_57.jpg

T2eC16ZwsE9suwyRnwBRkhRIqVng60_57.jpg

KGrHqZlFFyVkCGEBRkhRqfQJg60_57.jpg

I opened the original AC adapter, and, unfortunately, the fuse was still good, so something somewhere else must have gone bad inside it. Considering the complexity in determining where the problem is located, it was simply discarded.

The system still comes with the brand new, compatible Sony AC adapter.

Last edited:
No interest, so I'm going to pull this listing. If anyone finds this listing at some point in the future and is interested for at least $27 + Actual Shipping (I'll be installing a new CMOS battery so it's ready to go right out of the box), just drop me a PM, I can guarantee I will still have it.

Last edited:
Back