• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

CraigsList Mid Mich IBM sighting

He must be well known around those parts. I know of people who won't buy anything computer related from around Michigan because of him.

He must be well known around those parts. I know of people who won't buy anything computer related from around Michigan because of him.

That's kind of strong to equate the whole State of Michigan to a bunch of deadbeats because of one mope. :(

I sold my working IBM AT 5170 last week for 50 euro's.
Working, but without monitor and keyboard.

Are there really people paying that much for such a machine?!?

My guess is a resounding "no"... at least not without some really nice expansion cards.

Should this thing be in absolute pristine shape, have the original boxes, IBM 5154 EGA monitor, original IBM keys, original IBM PC AT keyboard (84-key with the fat L-shaped enter key)... then yeah, sum of its parts would push the value up around there, as the keyboard freaks will often pay ~$200 USD for the keyboard alone.

Speaking of Steve.. It looks like he may have set back up shop on fleabay. There's a boxed DEC Rainbow on there with the item location of Flushing, MI.

Back