• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Atari 800?

dhoelzer

Veteran Member
I'm not actually selling just now, but I was looking around at Atari 800's on eBay and it seems that the market is pretty soft. Does anyone have any idea if a fully working 800 with memory expansions, 1050 drives and tape drives has any value? I'm thinking of "thinning the herd" since I just hauled an Alpha DS10 in. I'm trying to figure out what will have the biggest "bang for the buck" in terms of vintage coolness and actual value.

While I'm definitely from the Commodore school, the 800 really does have an awesome retro look to it.

Atari is much higher priced in Europe. Working 800XL with 1050 sells usually at 150,-EUR, older 800 would probably be much more worth.

They fluctuate, from what I've seen. When I got my older 800, they were around the $100 mark (I got mine with a whole boxload of other stuff on an "under the radar" auction with a misspelling in the title for $65)

I would offer it up, put a minimum on there if you're worried you might lose, then see where the winds take it. If it's tested/working/restored, state that it is, and show pics and/or link to vids of it working - those seem to really help computer auctions along.

Back