• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Couple of Sanyo 550's for sale.

kerryedwards

Owned from new. Haven't fired them up in decades but they worked the last time I did. Software and handbooks included. Also included a daisy wheel printer and original monitor for one of the computers. $100. Located in Denver. Prefer pickup. But if you were to entice me with some packing $$ I might be talked into shipping them. 303-722-1077

What software is included? Original system disks?

If you can't find a local buyer, do consider selling the smaller parts on eBay. But as a whole with a printer and monitor, shipping would be through the roof. (as if shipping princes aren't already insane these days)

Saw a few on eBay a while back, these are cool looking little machines, they look like VCRs. Not 100% IBM PC hardware compatible though, so their own software is needed. Hmm, did these work with standard PC keyboards and CGA monitors, or did they use proprietary ones?

Saw a few on eBay a while back, these are cool looking little machines, they look like VCRs. Not 100% IBM PC hardware compatible though, so their own software is needed. Hmm, did these work with standard PC keyboards and CGA monitors, or did they use proprietary ones?

The keyboard is proprietary. The standard monitor outputs are 8-color RGB (with a round DIN connector) and monochrome composite. There was an optional CGA board to give you standard 16-color RGBI and color composite video output.

I've changed my mind. I'll give these computers to anyone who wants them. That includes the system discs and all manuals. I hate to see them go into the landfill.

Owned from new. Haven't fired them up in decades but they worked the last time I did. Software and handbooks included. Also included a daisy wheel printer and original monitor for one of the computers. $100. Located in Denver. Prefer pickup. But if you were to entice me with some packing $$ I might be talked into shipping them. 303-722-1077

Did you ever have a chance to see if they still work?

If I was anywhere near you, I would come by, but unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the country. How much would it take to talk you into shipping? Though I really shouldn't even be asking... :) I too just have to see them get trashed...

Wesley

Did you ever have a chance to see if they still work?

*sneaks the shovel into the graveyard*

Of course they still work, they're Sanyo 55x's! Well, 95% chance in my experience as long as nobody cut the wires or caused water damage. Capacitor C9 on the board may need to be dealt with if disk access is slow or erratic (it was installed backwards at the factory).

*sneaks the shovel into the graveyard*

Of course they still work, they're Sanyo 55x's! Well, 95% chance in my experience as long as nobody cut the wires or caused water damage. Capacitor C9 on the board may need to be dealt with if disk access is slow or erratic (it was installed backwards at the factory).

Since I now have one of those systems from him, I can attest to the fact that it did indeed work "out of the box". And that the daisy-wheel printer is a monster (and monstrously heavy!) Interesting to know about C9 - I may need to check that out on mine.

Never did find a lot of software for the thing other than the packages that came with the MBC-550. You'd think that there would be a lot considering how many of these that Sanyo sold.

<*> Jim

Back