• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: IBM PCjr - with RTC, RAM and LPT sidecare (640Kb RAM total) and dual floppies

Lutiana

Administrator
Staff member
I am in the process of doing some spring cleaning which means I plan on having some things for sale, but to start I am wanting to sell my second PCjr. It has been completely tested and found to be 100% functional. I am willing to ship within the US only.

What is included:
IBM PCjr base system, with the 64Kb internal add on.
PCJr Keyboard (the non-chicklet one).
PCjr Monitor (in the original packaging).
A Modem Magician addon that allows for a second (external) floppy drive to be connected.
The second floppy drive, the enclosure and power cable for it.
A Ma System Pro Kit Side car; 512Kb of RAM, an RTC (needs a new coin cell) and a parallel port.
A box of used 360Kb DSDD disks, including a PCjr patched boot disk for DOS 5.0
An NEC V20 chip to replace the socketed intel 8088 in it.

What is not included:
Keyboard cable (you'll need to use the IR option, or make a cable)
The external power brick for the unit (I simply cannot find the second one I had).
Any joysticks.
Anything else not listed above.

The condition of the case is fair/good. It originally came from a kindergarten class somewhere here in Cali, so there are some pen marks on the top cover as well as some sharpie on it and the school district name was engraved near the front. All this damage is on the removable top cover only; so you can easily replace this and have a mint condition unit, or look into cleaning it somehow. The plastic has faded over the years, but nothing on it is yellowed. The keyboard is dirty, and has yellowed a bit, but is fully functional.

Pictures can be seen here (I'll add pictures of the monitor, and the system powered up later this week): https://www.dropbox.com/sc/2ddc3aq70nko4lc/V_MATT8OFP

$75 OBO plus shipping.

I found the NEC V20 I bought for it, so I'll include that, and I added a price ($75 OBO plus shipping).

I'll add monitor pictures tonight.

Shipping to the East coast would be $130 (NY) and to the east coast (CA, OR, WA) would be around $60.

I also added some more pictures to the slide show, showing the monitor and the system working. One thing I did discover was that the second floppy was dead. It would spin the disk, but the head would not move though it moved freely by hand. I had a spare black floppy that I threw into the enclosure, and it does work (see the pics for proof). I can include the broken drive for free if you like (it is the model as the internal drive).

Back