• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Several 24 pin Dot Matrix Printers...

Stone

10k Member
I have the following 24 pin dot matrix printers for sale:

1) Panasonic KX-P1123

2) Panasonic KX-P1124

3) Panasonic KX-P2624 (Wide Format)

4) Citizen 200GX (Color)

5) Citizen GSX-145 (Color, Wide Format)​

Well I kind of like the Citizen 200GX, it sounds cool, never owned a printer before though so know near nothing about them. Low on space too. Like how much do you think it would cost to ship across america (fedex might be cheaper if its heavy)? What kind of device does it work on, does it work with DOS 5 computers?

It's got a standard Centronics interface that connects to the parallel port. Yes it works with DOS and WIN 9x. The weight is about 15 lbs and I'm guessing it would cost $35 - $40 to ship.

If you've never had a dot matrix printer before, you might not want a colour one for your first one. Having said that though, the Citizen colour printers are very nice, and you can easily pretend they are not colour printers by only installing a black ink cartridge. A lot of people only used them this way anyway.

It will generally speaking, not work with DOS 5 machines. However, you probably mean MS-DOS 5, in which case it will certainly work. But I wonder why you aren't running MS-DOS 6.

If you've never had a dot matrix printer before, you might not want a colour one for your first one. Having said that though, the Citizen colour printers are very nice...

As long as it's not the GSX-220 which I found was a particularly loathsome model. Back when I was selling new computers that was the most popular giveaway model printer for bundles and gave no end of trouble to me. Cheap junk IMO. Having said that, both of the OP's Citizen printers are excellent models. Never had any issues with them!

Back