• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Acer PC 500+ (UK)

Moonferret

Experienced Member
Hi Folks!

Have the following system available...

Acer PC 500+
XT Clone (V20 I think)
640k RAM
360k Floppy Drive
Hard drive is faulty
Keyboard & monitor are included

DSC06117b.jpg

I purchased it in the hope I could pull the CGA card but I didn't realise it had a lot of the standard IO on the same card. CPU & RAM is on another ISA card and they both plug into an ISA backplane.

Open to offers or will happily swap for a good CGA card with composite output. Will have to be collected from Longridge, Lancashire

Cheers,
Dave

Quite off-topic since I'm not interested in buying it, but I was searching the forum for info on Acer PC's and your ad appeared.

I have a similar one with exactly the same keyboard, but the 5-din connector is cut off. I want to connect a new plug, but I have no clue what color to connect were on the connector. The controller's board doesn't give any indication either and the colors don't match any other keyboard I own and opened.

Do you think it would be possible to use a multimeter and write for every pin to which cable color on the keyboard's controller it is connected? I'd be really grateful and sorry for breaking into this sale thread.

Sorry, only just seen the replies.

Stone, Thank you but I have managed to find one locally.

Konc, I've checked the connections in my keyboard and they are as follows...

1 - CLK - Black
2 - DATA - Yellow
3 - /RESET - White
4 - GND - Orange
5 - VCC - Red

Cheers,
Dave

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for this!
I finally managed to solder a new plug based on your feeedback and it's working perfectly. I don't want to ruin your sell thread any more with pics etc, but you really made my day. I had no other way of figuring this out (orange=ground? give me a break...). I had the full pc, monitor and keyboard and wanted to get them all working together, done!
Thanks again and best wishes for the new year.

Anyone know much about Acer's history in computers? I'm not finding much out there. Seems like an early system/model number. I thought it was HP that had a 500 but that's also escaping me for which other company had 500 for what I thought was their first desktop.

Back