• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Any interest in a Tandy 1000?

SGTSQUID

Experienced Member
A secure undisclosed location in the Mojave Desert
I have a Tandy 1000 system that I want to get rid of and I want to see if anyone here is interested. It is an early model, Serial # 30074, with dual 5 1/4" floppy drives. Inside it has the 2 Tandy memory boards to give it 640k, and it has a serial/parallel IO board. It has the original Tandy keyboard and a CM-2 monitor. I have cleaned the main unit and keyboard, as well as the floppy drives, and tested everything to make sure it is working. I will post pictures later today. If you are close enough to the Antelope Valley or Los Angeles we can arrange pickup, otherwise it will be very carefully packed for shipment.

I don't have anything packed yet but It will be in 2 boxes. The main unit will be 20" x 16" x 8" and weigh about 30 pounds. The monitor and keyboard will be an 18" cube weighing about 35 pounds. I would estimate shipping to the east coast to be just over $100. Make me an offer if interested.

If you don't get any interest in the whole machine, I would be interested in the serial/parallel IO board. That is assuming it's one of those silly "Plus card"s.

Here are the pictures I promised. The pictures make it look a little more yellowed than it is. Everything is in working order. I want to get rid of the whole lot. I will split it up if I get offers for everything. I'm not looking to get a lot out of it, but I want to at least cover the cost of packing and shipping.
IMG_4631.JPG
IMG_4632.jpg
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4636.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG

I'd love to be the one to take this, but the shipping is killer. :(

It'd basically be about $50 for each box (really slightly more for the monitor and slightly less for the base unit) to get them out to where I am.

I'll keep a watch on this thread, though, and if nobody's taken it by the time I can spare the cash, I'll shoot you a message about it. I'd really like an original Tandy 1000 since I've heard it was based on the PCjr, and I love messing around with my PCjr.

The plus card was an ISA card with a proprietary pin connector that fit in the EX and HX. The original 1000 has 3 standard ISA slots.

Tandy did sell a "Memory Plus" card for the 1000, an ISA card expanding the RAM and giving you a Plus Card pin header, allowing you to piggyback EX/HX Plus Cards onto it, allowing further expansion without taking up additional ISA slot(s).

Tandy did sell a "Memory Plus" card for the 1000, an ISA card expanding the RAM and giving you a Plus Card pin header, allowing you to piggyback EX/HX Plus Cards onto it, allowing further expansion without taking up additional ISA slot(s).

I remember those, but I had an HX back then. I was stuck with the plus cards no matter what.

Back