• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Goodwill ComputerWorks (Austin) - Compaq 286/slt

barythrin

Veteran Member
Not mine, but it keeps glaring at me when I've been in the store the last week so I'd prefer someone pick it up so it will stop. ;-) Probably good for a parts machine. Naturally they don't have the proprietary power supply (although it looks like power is just some 6 prong plug that's probably hackable). I think also a small scratch on the LCD screen (can't tell if it's the screen or if there's a glass in front but I do think it'll end up being a blemish on the screen if powered on). There's a spot under the keyboard which at first I thought may be a missing hard drive but further inspection I think it's actually perhaps the battery? Either way that's gone, and of course the keyboard cable is cracking and has some exposed ground wire.

Why mention it still? It's $12. Yes I figure it'd be easy to part it out but I hate doing that and the more I play with it the more I'd be tempted to add it to my endless to-do pile.

So if you're in the area and need some parts for yours, it's there still (been there for at least 5 days) although it gets some interesting looks.

Back