• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Osborne 1 and original box

ScutBoy

Experienced Member
The Twin Cities Free Geek was donated an Osborne 1 computer, and want it to find a good home!

I volunteer there, and among other things I help getting "vintage" equipment out into the community, as opposed to the recycle stream :)

The machine comes in it's original (but bad condition box) with the appropriate foam inserts, but no other docs, software, etc. Box looks like it got damp/wet at some point, but still has structural integrity. I'd box around this for shipping the machine.

The machine powers up to the "insert your disk" prompt, but the one disk that was left in the drive on this guy just throws "BOOT ERROR" over and over again on the screen when the drive spins up.

This machine is the bluish-grey case. There's some discoloring on one side from the foam inserts. Otherwise the flaps and doors are all there, and there is the modem that fits in the lower floppy "blank" and connects via the attached cable to the port underneath.

Any $$ from this machine will go to the Twin Cities Free Geek. Your payment will be to me, and I'll pass it on to the Free Geek. I get my "cut" in other goodies I find there :)

Looking for best offer plus shipping from Minneapolis/St. Paul (55437). Pictures available upon request.

Back