• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ibm pc

Jvarela

Hello all,
I'm looking for a few (30) IBM PCs Model 5150 from 1981 to 1983, working condition if possible. This is for a movie project and I'm willing to buy or rent them.
If anyone has anything, please contact me.
Thank you.

Wow... I wouldn't think any one person would have that many! Maybe you can coincide it with some kind of meet / event where they will be present?

Bobby.

Let us know your location and "we" or one of the collector groups can probably help direct you to a close by source. If you're in the North East, I think MARCH used to do contracts for props/systems and has a large collector base. West, I know Sellam with vintage.org used to but I'm not sure if he has much left in his collection these days. Regardless though let us know and some of the larger museum/groups can speak up.

If this is for a movie, you can probably substitute generic XT clones or even mock-ups (like the Poptronics models that furniture stores used to use) for the computers that are not in the foreground of the shot.

Yes, location?

If you are in the Atlanta area, Atlanta Historical Computing Society (AHCS) may be able to help. I'm not sure we can get 30 sourced locally, but the collective 'we' have quite a few + other models from that era. Are you with H&CF? If so, I think we may have spoke already.

Jvarela, you did not provide any contact information and you cannot be sent a private message, so hopefully you are checking this forum for replies.

Where are you located, and/or where do the units need to be shipped? Do you need monitors? I have a few I can sell or rent, so I hope you reply back with contact info.

I tried leaving you a message on your profile and haven't received a response. I have 4 PC's and a 5161 expansion chassis, with plenty of PC keyboards. I also have 3 IBM monochrome monitors, a CGA and EGA monitor, all in working condition. I am in southern California, so let me know if you are local and we might be able to work something out. I als have some other IBM computers from that time period.

Back