• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5150 Working

I have a IBM 5150 desktop unit only. it works, has 256kb ram, and the good BIOS that lets you use hard drives. It has two floppy drives and is monochrome version. is $125 Shipped within the USA, $160 shipped anywhere over seas too much to ask? My telephone number is 219-964-5862 and I'd prefer to be texted as im new here and the spam filter will put a delay on my postings. Location is indiana.

Last edited:
I sold a European Rev. B 5150 for 110€ (about US$ 140) some weeks ago, excl. shipping. Same as yours (system unit only, 256 kb) but with CGA graphics. So no, you're not asking too much. Unless it's in terrible cosmetical condition. ;)

my location is indiana. it would ship UPS signature required, next day air, all for $125 USA or $160 INTL. No monitor or keyboard or anything else, just the desktop is all I own im sorry. I know it works because when I turn it on, I hear a single beep, it reads from the floppy as if looking for a boot disk and then goes to basic, where if i type beep on the keyboard i can hear it beep. I have a keyboard im not willing to sell it though as im going to adapt it to my modern uses

I am selling my IBM PC 5150 With Extras. This is a 33 year old computer and has recently been pulled out to tinker with and I just don't have the patience to deal with it. It does work, and power on. It has 256kb RAM. It has a VGA card so you can use modern computer monitors, although I still have the original mono card. I also upgraded the floppy controller to support high density disk drives, but I never actually bought high density drives, it just has the original 5.25 full height drives, which may or may not work as I do not have a 360kb Boot disk for it to test it out. The BIOS chip was replaced with an upgraded one called Anonymous BIOS. It allows you to use ISA cards that have their own bios like floppy controllers and hard drive controllers. the 4 ROM chips which hold basic are still there, and the machine will boot to basic. I wanted to get a hard drive and high density floppy drives for this machine and use it as a retro gaming machine but i dont have the patience. All I am selling is the desktop unit itself which you can witness power on. I am not selling a keyboard for it. $125 shipped in USA, $130 Shipped overseas

Hi,

So it would be $130 shipped to the UK, or plus shipping on top? I am very interested...

Oh did my earlier reply not count then? I too was interested. Oh well :/

Back