• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Generic Pentium 233 MMX Personal Computer Desktop

PeterNC

Veteran Member
PMs only. Or contact me on AmiBay (PeterNY) or Vogons (PeterLI).

FS: Generic Pentium 233 MMX Personal Computer Desktop

Pentium 233 MMX CPU
Matrox Millenium II PCI VGA
3COM PCI NIC
Sound Blaster 16 ISA (no ASP/CSP chip) CT2290
Tyan S1564 MOBO
32MB RAM
IDE HDD
Windows 98 SE (you need to have a COA)
Desktop case (3X 5.25" drive bays / 2X 3.5" drive bays), off white
IDE CD-ROM & IDE CD-RW
3.5" DS/HD FDD

I am selling this machine because I now have an IBM Pentium 233 MMX and I prefer OEM.

US: $125 shipped (CONUS only).

PMs only. Or contact me on AmiBay (PeterNY) or Vogons (PeterLI).

Last edited:
I would think anything from the Pentium 1 period would be vintage at this point. Whats it been? about 20 years now? besides any AT case is vintage enough. if I had money Id be tempted to buy it just for the case to stick a 486 or 386 in.

I would think anything from the Pentium 1 period would be vintage at this point. Whats it been? about 20 years now? besides any AT case is vintage enough. if I had money Id be tempted to buy it just for the case to stick a 486 or 386 in.

Whether or not Pentium I-era PCs are "vintage" is a matter of debate, but they are welcome to be discussed and offered for sale here. From the Forum rules:

VCF rules said:
The definition of "vintage" gets discussed here a lot; use the forum areas as your guide. Any 8 bit or 16 bit machine is probably vintage. Early 32 bit machines such as 80386, 80486 or 680x0 based machines are probably considered vintage too but later 32 bit machines are probably not. There is a forum area for Pentium 1 based machines because there are so many of them but they are not terribly vintage. If you want to talk about or trade something newer there are "off topic" areas for that.

Now $100. I do not want to put this in for recycling.

For anyone looking for a Pentium-class system, this is a nice one. That Tyan Tomcat IV board has 8x 72pin SIMM slots on it...and it's more of a server/workstation-class board...there was a dual-CPU capable version of it (the S1564-D, this is the -S single). My first "real" PC build was with a Tomcat III. If I didn't already have a setup like this, I would be interested...

Wesley

Back