• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Assembled Final Cartridge III+ C64/C128 Cartridges

SkydivinGirl

Veteran Member
Hey everyone!

*9 Units Remaining*

I decided to post this here since there may be some of you who are not on AmiBay or Lemon64. These fully assembled units are the last ones I have from the Final Cartridge III+ project. You can find out more about the project using this link. You can use the extra ROM space for cartridge ROMs that are launched through the cartridge's GUI interface. I'd also like to add more functionality to the cartridge at some point.

Cases are not included. These are the last units that I will be offering for this project.

The price is $35 each. PayPal Personal Payment or Gift Payment Only for these units. Shipping for a single unit to most countries is $8.88. Canada is $6.91. USA is $5.25. I'll have to get a shipping quote for orders with multiple units.

When sending me a PM to buy a unit, please tell me which label you would like for each unit. If not specified, I'll send the red label with white lettering.

Heather

Labels - The grey background labels are actually transparent and will print in white:

Original editable file created with Inkscape (Backgrounds are in different layers) plus all separate PNG images:
www.hookturn.com/files/Final Cartridge III+ Labels.zip
*LTC Glamour Bold Font is needed to edit.*[/quote]

I have the Final Cartridge III. Is this just a clone of it, or are there any enhancements?

2i6ywde.jpg

I have an original Final Cartridge III for my C64, bought it back when it was new.
I can recommend it, it's a very capable cartridge, has good support for tape turbo and disk turbo (faster/better than the popular Power Cartridge), and it has a Geos-like GUI as well, which is actually really cool, and quite nice when you want to do some disk management... Formatting disks, renaming/deleting files etc.
It also has an included 'freezer', which allows you to dump a program's memory to disk at any point in time, and reload it at a later point.
And of course there's the obligatory monitor as well, for poking around in memory, and doing some simple assembly/disassembly.

The only issue I'd had (maybe someone can elucidate if they've observed the same) is that saves and loads seemed to have garbage in them if Turbo was on. Freezing worked perfectly, however. I suspect the former is an NTSC vs PAL timing problem.

I have the Final Cartridge III. Is this just a clone of it, or are there any enhancements?
There's a development thread here: www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=653806

Currently, the only additions/changes so far are the use of the extra space in the W27C020 EEPROM to store your favorite cartridges and access them from a menu in the GUI. I'm also hoping to be able to add support for additional drive numbers in both the DOS Wedge and the GUI. I'd also like to see some new commands to make it easier to navigate the SD2IEC> :)

Heather

Back