• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Seen: AT&T 6300

If it had the keyboard, at least, I'd be interested; the monitor I'm sure I could work around (there's ways of getting a VGA card to work, I'm sure) though I would miss seeing all the old 6300 modes.

If it had the keyboard, at least, I'd be interested; the monitor I'm sure I could work around (there's ways of getting a VGA card to work, I'm sure) though I would miss seeing all the old 6300 modes.

Actually, ChuckG found out you can make a 1:1 6300-to-VGA adapter with only wires. It pumps out VGA-compatible signals (who knew?), so you get to see 640x400 after all. I don't remember where Chuck's post was, but here's the info: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/Hardware/ATT/Documentation/video_converter_output_to_VGA.pdf

Well, it should be possible use a standard PS/2 or AT keyboard driving a small MCU to generate appropriate keycodes if the appropriate keyboard couldn't be located.

I thought it was possible to build an AT&T PC6300-to-normal-XT keyboard adapter? I know I've seen the schematics for one, posted many years ago on CompuServe.

In my experience even if you have an M24/6300 keyboard that isn't the end of the problem as they seem to suffer without fail from needing a new set of capacitive discs which are a pain to make anyway!

If the codes are similar to an PC XT keyboard, addition of a voltage regulator and the XTAT adapter board might just do the trick with perhaps a little tweaking and a PS/2 keyboard.

In my experience even if you have an M24/6300 keyboard that isn't the end of the problem as they seem to suffer without fail from needing a new set of capacitive discs which are a pain to make anyway!

Those discs are easy to make. I turned out enough for a TRS-80 model 16 in about 30 minutes. The trick is to just twist the punch through the material, not drive it through.

Back in 2005, my wife & I were moving and I was faced with doing a little downsizing. Most of what I got rid of wasn't a big deal...but I had an AT&T 6300 that I parted with...wish I'd known there were folks interested in them. I didn't have the keyboard, etc, so it wasn't much good to me. The other thing I really regret was that plain old NEC CGA monitor...the one that said "Multisync" on the front. Yeah...I didn't know what I had.

Salvation Army store wouldn't take it...gave it all to Goodwill...shortly after that I heard from somewhere they Goodwill was no longer taking computer donations...they probably pitched all my donations in the dumpster and grumbled about it the whole time. I still get a sinking feeling every time I think about it...

Heavy sigh...

Wesley

Back