• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

My Steve Jobs Autograph Collection Apple Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

1958plymouthfury

My personal Steve Jobs autograph collection. As owner of Cool Rare Stuff Autographs & Collectables I personally got these items signed for my own personal collection. If your a Jobs fan you know he does not like signing autographs & all these items are very rare. All 3 items were signed by Mr. Jobs in June 2004 while staying in Columbus Ohio for a Business conference. I personally stood outside his hotel the Hyatt Regency on State Street 20hrs each day waiting for him to come out and I was lucky enough to get these 3 items signed. The 2 Steve Wozniac autographs were obtained in 2012 through his website in which he charges for autographs. The Apple Logo already signed by Jobs was sent as well as another white Apple Mouse like the 1 already signed by Steve Jobs.

Included is
1.) Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniac signed White Apple Mouses

2.) Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniac signed 8" 1/2 X 11" Apple logo on white paper

3.) Steve Jobs signed 5" X 3" Index Card

Comes with a COA from my business Cool Rare Stuff Autographs & Collectables

Comes With an additional LOA stating where & how I obtain these items

Please send me a message if interested thanks!

Lifetime refund for its authenticity or if for any reason unhappy

Please feel free to make offers on this very rare set but if your wanting a real Jobs Autograph you know what they cost. I dont expect this collection to stay listed for long its an amazing group

I do Paypal & Money Orders - I ship free world wide

$1900.00 OBO

My personal information of course is not blocked on the actual COA just the scans - Its to protect people from copying & making fakes

Attachments

• TM (1).jpg
    TM (1).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1
  • TM (2).jpg
    TM (2).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1
Wow. Uh.....wow.
I've never heard of Steve autographing things. Last I remember he refused to autograph a NeXT Cube.

Not that I doubt the autographs are legit, but making up your own "Certificate of Authenticity" really doesn't count.

Not that I doubt the autographs are legit, but making up your own "Certificate of Authenticity" really doesn't count.

Knowing folks who collect autographs, the SOP when you go and do it yourself is to validate them is usually a photograph with the person while they are signing the object. Certificates of Authenticity don't have any official "system", usually its a 3rd party that has built a reputation in the business of selling signed memorabilia and has witnessed the signing.

The signatures look fake, look at known examples on Google, the easiest character to spot a difference is in Steve's "b" in his last name....

Knowing folks who collect autographs, the SOP when you go and do it yourself is to validate them is usually a photograph with the person while they are signing the object. Certificates of Authenticity don't have any official "system", usually its a 3rd party that has built a reputation in the business of selling signed memorabilia and has witnessed the signing.

That's exactly what I did with my PET manual autographed by Jack and Leonard Tramiel. (NOT for sale.)

That's exactly what I did with my PET manual autographed by Jack and Leonard Tramiel. (NOT for sale.)
So what you now do is buy a PET manual, write fake autographs on it, then offer it for sale using the photo as 'evidence'.

The signatures look fake, look at known examples on Google, the easiest character to spot a difference is in Steve's "b" in his last name....

I don't know anything about their signatures, but I feel like the ones on the Apple sticker could be real (they just look like more natural writing to me for some reason). The ones on the mice and the one on the piece of paper do look really fake to me, though.

Keep in mind that Steve Job's autograph is considered one of the most difficult of recent famous American's to obtain along with Neil Armstrong's autograph. He just did not sign very often. Even before his death, his autograph could bring $2,000+. After his death, there were several offered on eBay and some brought $4,000+. Most of these did not have COA's but included stories of how they waited in line for hours to meet him and get his autograph. For those of you that knew Steve, you know that this was not his style. He did not spend much time "meeting, greeting, and mingling" with the public at events and autographing stuff like some celebrities do.

I first met him in person in 1982 when he did a keynote speech at our MECC Conference in Minneapolis. We had 2 banquets that year and the main keynote address was done by Alan Kay of Atari. Steve Jobs was not quite a household name yet. I did manage to get his autograph following the banquet at a private reception held for him on the label of diskette which was the only thing I had at the time. He talked that night about the Apple 1 computers built in his parent's garage and I asked him where I might find one for my collection. He assured me that none were left and I would never find one. He told me that even his personal Apple 1 had even been stolen from his office! A few years later, I did locate and buy an Apple 1 that even had a signed letter in the box from Steve Jobs. I assure you, that his signature back then was nothing like the ones that seem to pop up today from time to time!

My last contact with Jobs was in 1996 when I was in the process of selling one of my Apple 1 computers. I remembered him telling me that his had been stolen, so I emailed him to see if he was interested in mine for $20,000. He was still at Next. He wrote back and told me that no Apple 1 had ever gone for more than $10,000 and that I was "way north of reality!" Now I wished that I had hung on to it.

Last edited:
Damn. You got me.
Too right.
And don't bother telling me that you have a Hilter autograph, and that you're the guy on the left in the photo below.
Once bitten, twice shy.

k6fghweqd846t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back