• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ft: 3 apple 5.25 diskette drives

CalculatorLab

Experienced Member
Hey all, I have some old Apple floppy drives i found the other day. They are all in good shape, but i cant test them as I have no Apple computer. Two look like theyre for a //e and the other is plastic case but still sturdy. Id like to trade for an old IBM PCjr keyboard and power cord. Thats all I need. Thanks

I'm not implying yours are bad but you probably wouldn't believe the ratio of bad drives out of all the good looking ones I've come across in the past two years. Most of the ones I packed away in working condition years ago were deader than dead when I pulled them out of storage last year.

Fortunately for me I think I broke even after selling most of the ones I had or bought and repaired.

Several of my //e and ||GSs and a lot of expansion cards were dead too. I was surprised. I always thought of Apple hardware as more reliable than Commodore. But at least in the long term I sure found the opposite. None of my squirelled-away C= gear had any issues.

Back