• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Trend paper tape reader and punch

woodchips

Experienced Member
These are really nice 300 cps paper tape reader and punch.

Will work with both 5 unit and 8 unit tape.

They are non-processor based, just a 6402 UART with a pile of logic and a couple of FIFOs. Not managed to find a circuit for them yet. I test them to the point where they will copy from the reader to the punch, still to get the RS232 stuff out, again, to fully test, but the readback seems to test most of them.

Part of the Clansman radio system.

Have quite a few, price £80 each plus postage, £15 in mainland UK. If wanted I will split out the self contained reader and punch to post abroad, the whole unit is very heavy, 12kg or so, so not really worth the cost.

Attachments

• P1010993.JPG
    P1010993.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010994.JPG
    P1010994.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010995.JPG
    P1010995.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 25
Replies sent.

After an ASCII teleprinter? Is this an ASR33 type teletype? Or would a dot matrix one do? Have several Trend 5/8 unit TTYs. Have to admit that I haven't got one working yet!

Finally found the User Guide to the paper tape punch and teleprinter.

The teleprinter is also 5 and 8 unit, does ITA No 5 which looks like ASCII to me, and ITA No 2 which is Telex. There are versions of the teleprinter with a keyboard, but I don't have any, try searching the military dealers if wanted. The teleprinter uses dot matrix printing using a 9x9 head.

Note that I have yet to get one of these teleprinters working! They are not processor based, just simple logic, but not got anywhere so far.

If wanted, a teleprinter is £25 plus £15 postage, can't fit both a paper tape unit and teleprinter in one box, too large and heavy.

Long time since you have been online but is this still going?
This guy on epay has a few (non-working)
Mine developed a PSU fault like most of the others I've seen, so I sold it as I ended up with a DEC PC04 in the meantime.

Back