• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Indus GT Disk Drive for Atari

tjorg

Hello All,

I have an Indus GT drive that I used to use with my Atari 800xl. It's been in my basement collecting dust and has avoided the trash through the years out of a sense of nostalgia.

There is no data cable and the template on the front has come unglued. I have a power pack I believe and the plastic case it shipped in along with some factory disks.

If someone wants it then I'd send it to you for the cost of shipping + whatever you think it's worth to you.

It's time to go after 20 years, either the trash or a good home.
Thanks

I'm sure somebody will take it...

If you get to the point of throwing it away and don't mind shipping it by USPS ground mail, I will pay postage - but I am betting you can find a non-Canadian destination for it that will cost you a little less - and hopefully that person will give you a few bucks for the drive!

If it comes to throwing it away, though, let me know. I don't have an Atari for it yet, but I do like these drives.

I'm interested. Is it too late. I've been without my current Indus GT for around 15 years and haven't been able to crank up my Atari 800 with all my original 5 1/4 floppies.
Let me know.

Another Indus GT Drive

Another Indus GT Drive

I cleaned out my father-in-law's basement and found one of these drives. It has 2 data cables, a power cable, and the plastic box. For the price of shipping and whatever someone wants to throw in, I would rather someone used it then throw it out.

I am always in the market for a working Indus. I love those things. I had two break on me so I could use one.

I live in San Diego, CA

In any case, on this forum we try to utilize as many Personal Messages (PM) as possible. In particular for a FS message posted two months or two years ago, it is more likely that the seller will react if he or she gets an e-mail reminder about a new PM than posting to the thread.

By the way, did the Indus drives ever get sold in Europe? From what I read they use the same power supplies as the Atari 5200 video game, and that was a NTSC only machine. While it is not rocket science to construct a 10-11V DC power supply able to deliver 2A, one wonders if the drive ever was equipped with such for the 220-230V markets. On another forum a guy is selling an untested Indus GT for the C64, which brought up my interest if they can be made functional.

In any case, on this forum we try to utilize as many Personal Messages (PM) as possible. In particular for a FS message posted two months or two years ago, it is more likely that the seller will react if he or she gets an e-mail reminder about a new PM than posting to the thread.

By the way, did the Indus drives ever get sold in Europe? From what I read they use the same power supplies as the Atari 5200 video game, and that was a NTSC only machine. While it is not rocket science to construct a 10-11V DC power supply able to deliver 2A, one wonders if the drive ever was equipped with such for the 220-230V markets. On another forum a guy is selling an untested Indus GT for the C64, which brought up my interest if they can be made functional.

as far as i know - this drive was never sold in germany - in germany the only drive i know was the 1050 from 1985 on.

btw. i get the clue - next time i send an pm :)

edit:

maybe this is a dumb question: the c64floppy and the 1050 a very different things or can the c64floppy makes working with the atari ? (just from that the indus come for the atari and the c64)

Just to let you all know the Indus GT drive posted by bparan39 has already been claimed -- by me ;) Bought it a while back, just have to head to Milwaukee in a couple of weeks to pick it up. Finally having some decent weather in Wisconsin for a change so now I can make the trip.

indus gt drives

indus gt drives

I picked up two of these today. no cables but seem complete and in good shape. If anyone is interested plz pm me.

Back