• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 360 with additional era equipment

ibismachine

Greetings! My neighbor unfortunately just passed away and he was an amazing guy. He has an IBM 360 in his basement and I am trying to help his family sell it. Does anyone have any interest? I have attached pictures and the computer itself is in North Carolina. He has a disk drive also. Please let me know and God bless you! SteveIMG_1879.jpgIMG_1883.jpgIMG_1884.jpgIMG_1885.jpgIMG_1886.jpgIMG_1888.jpgIMG_1891.jpgIMG_1893.jpg

Looks like a Model 30 to me with a 2311 drive. Definitely a museum piece.

I'm sure you'll get inquiries. S/360s aren't all that common in the wild.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures and for the limited amount of information I have provided. I really didn't expect there to be so much interest. Our neighbors will be back in a couple of weeks and I will quantify the pieces, get good photos and get an idea of the documentation he had. There were a lot of manuals laying around, again I apologize that I didn't pay more attention. I have talked with the folks and they would like to sell it outright, not really donate it to a museum. It would help fix up the house that is a bit of a mess. Thanks again - please let me know if you have any questions in the mean time and i will be back here with more info in a couple of weeks. Thanks again everyone for your support and interest and God bless you all, Steve

Looks like a Model 30 to me with a 2311 drive.I'm sure you'll get inquiries. S/360s aren't all that common in the wild.

That control panel is the same as the 360 Model 30 control panel in the RICM connection, and the same as used in the AMC Mad Men show.

wow! I too hope this ends up in a museum. My group Save the Machine (savethemachine.org) is located in western NC (Hickory, NC area) and would be interested if none of the larger museums are able to take it.

Henk! Please let me know what you are looking for serial numbers model numbers and I will help if i can. Thanks and God bless, Steve

It is still available - I am hoping to post a video of the system tomorrow sometime. I will let you all know. Thanks for watching! God bless, Steve

Back