• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

286 & 8088 motherboards for parts

xjas

Experienced Member
Missing CPUs and a lot of ROM & support chips; probably for parts only. The XT boards are in better shape than the 286 ones which are pretty beat up. You may be able to resurrect some of them but no guarantees. Asking $20 OBO for all if you happen to collect from me locally; if you want them meticulously packed up and shipped I need a few bucks extra to cover time & materials. Located in Victoria city, west coast, North America.

I have a couple 386 boards I could throw in too if you're picking up.

8088:
54998634_934.jpg

286:
54998518_934.jpg

Local ads:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Three-8088--XT-class-motherboards_28133105
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Six-286-motherboards-for-parts-or-repair_28133075

Does anyone else find it odd that the VLSI chipsets have been removed from the 286 PCBs, but that the DRAM is still installed? I'm not used to seeing that. I suppose the boards may be useful to someone who's had a similar board destroyed by battery leakage--i.e. they have the chips, but the PCB is bad.

Yeah, not sure what's going on there. I got them in this condition unfortunately, they came from a machine shop & it looks like they were being hoarded for parts so maybe they had to pull the chipset to keep something else going. I think they're only useful for the RAM at this point, but it might be possible to resurrect the 8088 boards if you put enough time into tracking everything down.

@Anonymous Coward - I have a couple 386 boards in much better condition but with similar problems of removed chips (e.g. every single keyboard controller for some reason!) Not sure it would be worth your while to ship a gutted board though.

Curious that nobody seems to be interested in the 8088 boards--they're all mostly complete, but for CPU and BIOS EPROM, both of which are no great trouble to source.

May i ask the chipset of the 386DX board on the second photo?

I didn't think any of the ones in the pics were 386 boards ? Which one did you mean - I'll double-check (and post up a better pic.)
I have several other 386es but they're not in the photos.

Prices are negotiable for VCF members BTW, just didn't want these to go to the gold scappers.

I didn't think any of the ones in the pics were 386 boards ? Which one did you mean - I'll double-check (and post up a better pic.)
I have several other 386es but they're not in the photos.

Prices are negotiable for VCF members BTW, just didn't want these to go to the gold scappers.

Second photo, upper left corner. There is a 386DX board as i think...

I might still be interested in gutted 386 boards. If they're fairly well known models, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a copy of the BIOS and replace the KB controller. Please post images if possible.

Interested for the XT boards and the 386 like at the upper left corner on the second photo. PM sent.

Hi All;

I would be interested in the 8088 boards, but I don't where You are Located, like what State if in the U.S. ??

I am in Boulder, Colorado..

THANK YOU Marty

Back