• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Another one to go. Unfortunately

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
Up this time is an IBM PC Model 5150. This is a dual floppy only system. Includes the Model F Keyboard, 8 bit VGA board, AST six pack multi
I/O board. This particular PC is a type 2 with the latest ROM I believe and 256k on board RAM and 384k By way of the six pack so you get 640k
total RAM. Over all system is in good shape.

Looking to get around $175.00 OBO plus shipping. Ok west coast area shipping will run around $100 or so. East and central a little cheaper.

Ok pics as promised. Please note that the keyboard cable on the Model F is slightly stretched. Has been tested to boot DOS as seen in pics. And please be advised that not only is the PC heavy so is the Model F keyboard. As owners of these keyboards can attest to. So shipping will be the cost of the PC & the KBD.

Attachments

• 100_1924.jpg
    100_1924.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1925.jpg
    100_1925.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1926.jpg
    100_1926.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1927.jpg
    100_1927.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1928.jpg
    100_1928.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1929.jpg
    100_1929.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1931.jpg
    100_1931.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1932.jpg
    100_1932.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'd love to have it but shipping is a killer!

Roger

He wants $200, which includes shipping. A VERY good deal I think, especially seeing as how clean it is. I thought about buying it, but I don't really want a 5150 as I already have a pretty solid and clean 5160.

Last edited:
I'll add my 2c to the shipping thing.

I'm not in the market for this because I already have a stack of 5150s that I've yet to find time to play with.

That said, I did once look into what it might cost to ship one. You'd need a 26"x20"x12" box (it's really 13", when you see the bill and they're not wrong) which is 41 pounds dimensional weight.

At work, we ship a lot of stuff. We do it flat rate - sometimes we save a bit, sometimes we lose a bit, it all averages out. For this, without the keyboard, we'd charge $99.95 for S&H.

So, Frank is offering a hell of a deal here. I'd be all over it, if I didn't already have a stack of them.

Maybe I should have prefaced my earlier comments by saying that I have a 5170 that I'm very happy with... I meant no disrespect.

Roger

The machine looks lovely, but I'm in Europe.

Also, I already have an IBM XT (I know it's not the same), and I have not much more space left.

Maybe I should have prefaced my earlier comments by saying that I have a 5170 that I'm very happy with... I meant no disrespect.

Roger

No disrespect taken, you just made it sounds like you did not know that the amount included shipping, so I was just trying to let you know it was and in the process save a wonderful looking machine.

It's a great deal, but I'm at capacity and my wallet is empty. I'm sure someone will take him up on the offer, it seems too good to pass up for a very functional system you can immediately use (640K, VGA).

Is VGA desired that much for a machine that was meant for CGA gaming?

P.S. Has shipping gone up that much where a 5150 would cost $100 to ship?

Looks like a nice machine, you would have better luck on ebay since I figure most people here who want a 5150 have one.

Is VGA desired that much for a machine that was meant for CGA gaming?

P.S. Has shipping gone up that much where a 5150 would cost $100 to ship?

Looks like a nice machine, you would have better luck on ebay since I figure most people here who want a 5150 have one.

Ebay or not, aren't you still going to have shipping costs?

Back