• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Storage Unit fulll of Stuff

ancientpc

Not really sure what I have stumbled upon. Looking for a little guidance/ comments

Attachments

• 20170315_165905.jpg
    20170315_165905.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170315_165920.jpg
    20170315_165920.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170315_170012.jpg
    20170315_170012.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170315_170440.jpg
    20170315_170440.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170315_170426.jpg
    20170315_170426.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1
Not really sure what I have stumbled upon.

A big pile of PC stuff from the mid 80's, and a Apollo DN series workstation.

This would have been worthless 15 years ago, but now we're on the other side of the bathtub curve
where Eastern Europeans are trying to get money for the stuff on eBay.

I can't really identify much of that stuff but I am going to guess that PC in photo 2 is a 286 computer. My exp in computers didn't really start till the early 90's I was more into atari/nes in the 80's.

Id say you probably have some stuff of value in there assuming its not all trashed. Can't imagine someone taking completely broken stuff and putting it in storage though.

Especially with the cards, you will need to sort through it carefully to find the items of value. Note: given the water marks on the blue tarp, I expect the Seagate drive in the last picture to be non-functional and many other items may also have been damaged by water.

Certainly has value if working: 5.25" floppy drives and the various IBM PC and XT cases.

Probably hard to get rid of even if offered for free: Books and terminals

Everything else: Who knows, there may be a collector looking for just that system or card.

Where are you located?

First thing to do is catalogue what you have, then price it out as best you can post it for sale somewhere (CL is good, or here).

I see what looks like a TRS-80 monitor and expansion interface in picture 2. In picture 1 there seems to be an old Radio Shack daisy wheel printer at the bottom of the stack. Please try to save/sell them as well as the Apollo.

Especially with the cards, you will need to sort through it carefully to find the items of value. Note: given the water marks on the blue tarp, I expect the Seagate drive in the last picture to be non-functional and many other items may also have been damaged by water.

Certainly has value if working: 5.25" floppy drives and the various IBM PC and XT cases.

Probably hard to get rid of even if offered for free: Books and terminals

Everything else: Who knows, there may be a collector looking for just that system or card.

Terminals seem to be be variable. If you want one no one has any, or wants silly prices, if you are trying to sell then no one wants one..

Nice heap. I have a similar though larger one from a unit. It's been really hard to get people to pay the shipping for the big heavy things. Some of that stuff is nice though, at least if it's cleaned and tested!

Nice heap. I have a similar though larger one from a unit. It's been really hard to get people to pay the shipping for the big heavy things. Some of that stuff is nice though, at least if it's cleaned and tested!

Denver is close, no? ;)

The original poster is located in N. Cali. :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. I should have mentioned that I am in Northern California... Near Chico. I really just want to find the proper home for all the treasures. It would be nice to recoup the cost of the room.... I just don't have the knowledge of what I am even looking at .... besides a big pile of old computer stuff.
Thanks again and if anyone has any ideas on what I could do to find this stuff a home.... please let me know.

Thank you krebizfan, The Seagate drive was actually in a little blue plastic bag..... so not really sure of condition, but it was enclosed in the bag. Given the amount of dust and lack of a dry day lately, I would say the stuff has stayed pretty dry in the unit. I would love to find a good home for the things so if you have any ideas on how to find a good home.... please let me know.
Thank you

Back