• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

need advice on many items to sell

CCampbell

I have a one page listing of things I would like to sell. But what I would like to know is the best way to get rid of it. I know about ebay. Do people actually sell bundles of items on ebay? I ask because some of what I have is flakey and has been in storage for years. Plus some of this I cannot test because I don't have the full setup (like small IDE or MFM drives). I know a lot of this stuff works because I've setup the basic system several times with a 6-pack memory board, MGC board, and base system.

I have two good IBM-PC bases with 256K including one with original packing box.
I have the orig PC keyboard and MGC card and monitor (IBM).

I have a page long list of boards ranging from MFM to IDE controllers to Token Ring boards. Thankfully the internet helped me get more info on them than I could get when I first got them. I have a couple of "6-pack" boards.
I have 2 Full ht 360k FDDs and 3 Half ht 360k FDDs. One of the FUll HT drives has worked but sometimes it does not (testing over last couple of days).

I guess I'm trying to figure out if I should build a basic good base system to sell/keep and toss the rest or toss it all. I could use the money since I am unemployed but I'm not greedy. Plus I know shipping for system frames must be astronomical.

I am in a burb of Greenville, SC and may have to move in a couple of months so I don't relish hauling the stuff around too much longer. I had hoped to get back into a teaching environment at some point.

The list

The list

Vintage PC Inventory

Systems
IBM PC 5150 Base System, 8088, 8087, 4.7 MHz, 256KB RAM, original case (original packing box)
IBM PC 5150 Base System, 8088, 4.7 MHz, 256KB RAM, original case
PC XT compatible – FARADAY motherboard, V20, 8 MHz, 640KB RAM, 8 ISA slots, flip-top case
Magnavox 386sx-16 – 5MB RAM, 20MB HDD, 1.2 + 1.4 FDDs

Keyboard
IBM Original PC keyboard

Monitor
IBM 5151 MGC Monitor

Floppy Disk Drives
Tandon FH 360KB FDD (flakey?)
Micro Peripherals FH 360KB FDD (not working)
TEAC FD-55BR HH 360KB FDD
TI (YE Data) YD-580 HH 360KB FDD (accesses but 601)
TI (YE Data) YD-580 HH 360KB FDD (accesses but 601)

Plug-in Boards
IBM MGC Adapter, 1501483, MGC + parallel, ISA, full length
Hercules, “Graphite” HGC Adapter, + FDD, full length
IBM FDD Controller, + External connector, 6181682 XM, ISA, 2/3 size
Unk (IBM?) FDD Controller, + External connector, 2/3 size
Diamond Flower (Jade?) “6-pack” board, w/384KB RAM on board, Batt clock, parallel, 2 serial, game
Dtk P11-129 640KB RAM CARD, w/384KB on board (flakey?)
Zilog FDD Controller, ISA, FDDA-200, half size
UMC FDD Controller, ISA, half size
Unk FDD Controller, ISA, ext. parallel + 9P serial, Game header, 25P serial header (?), Batt removed, 2/3 size (GEM 010996 label) (missing batt)
WDC HDD Controller card, WDXT-GEN2, MFM, ISA, short card
WDC HDD Controller card, WD1002A-WX1, MFM, ISA, short card
WDC HDD Controller card, WDXT-GEN, MFM, ISA, short card
ACER M5105 AT combo card, IDE HDC + FDC (1 header each), ext parallel + serial, game header, 2 x 9P “UART” headers, short card
WDC AT Controller Card, WD1003-WA2, MFM, HDD + FDD, long board, AT slot
DTC (Data Tech Corp) AT Controller Card, DTC-7287, RLL, HDD + FDD, long board, AT slot
IOMEGA Ditto DASH ACCE2MG FDD controller card, ISA, short card
Seagate Controller Card, ISA, ST-21R/22R, 2 long headers, 2 short headers (FDD + HDD-RLL), short card
IBM Token Ring Network Card, (label GMD9C), AT slot, short length, (+ serial?)
IBM Token Ring Network Card, (label A0MHX), AT slot, short length
GKC (?) Modem, 2400 (?), ISA, short length

Motherboard
Dtk PAM-00551-E0 Pentium I Socket 7, 133 MHz motherboard, 4 ISA-AT slots + 4 PCI slots, Intel HX Chipset, multiplier jumpers up to 3x (400MHz?)

Ps

Ps

I also have some Commodore VIC20/64 stuff in another box.

Again, I kept this because I hoped to use it in a teaching or demo environment but really haven't used it in a while.

Sounds like you have a whole lot to work with! I'd list a lot of it here before you throw anything away, a lot of us are willing to pay that kind of postage. And there's a huge demand for Atari, some C=, and Tandy items here. And what doesn't sell you could post in a few places, like Craigslist, obsoletecomputermuseum, atariage, atari-forum, the list goes on. But ebay is kinda risky. I've heard all kinds of horror stories about sellers who charge for shiping and handling and then the customer gets irate even if the thing is packed very nicely and threatens to get the seller kicked off. There are good stories, too, the bad ones stick out.

Also, PM sent.

Nathan

Thank you.
I was afraid I would pi**-off someone. THe best parts has been finding links to sites like this and artofhacking. Some of the boards I've never had info on. Back in the 80s, I got hand-me-down stuff and some bootleg 360 disks I don't dare list mostly DOS (unless I wipe w/magnet).
I considered keeping the systems together and lumping the boards as one item. A lot of it works but I can't test it all. Plus one minute the old Full height drive works, the next it doesn't - probably cable. I would hate to ad it, ship it, and it not work at dest.
I wondered if anyone really wanted the original 5150 IBM-PC since shipping is outrageous these days. I would almost like to keep the Faraday. I think it is the first clone to cram all the support chips down to one.
Would it be better to keep the PCs as base systems without boards?

Sorry. No Tandy (except a CoCo wo/support stuff). No Atari either.
For the VIC, I bought 16k MEM exp, some cartridge games (Chips in socket board), cassette storage, lots of cassette games. I taught myself Assembler (peek/poke) with that system so I have 6502 info, too.

Back