• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI for Macintosh auction

That's a highly desirable card for Amigas, I would start it higher than $10.

Not vintage!!!

Trump-Faces-2.gif

KC9UDX: I had no idea it would work in Amigas, only Macs! Oh well. I'm impressed, there are 15 watchers in the first 2 hours...

Nobody will bid until the last 5 minutes, then it will shoot up to $300. CARNAC THE MAGNIFICENT HAS SPOKEN!

You also have 3dfx collectors and Mac collectors interested in that card (it is kind of rare). Amiga users would snag old 3DFX cards back when nobody wanted them because their OS supported those on PCI backplanes used with A1200 motherboards.

And A2000, A3000 and A4000.

If there was ever a better video card than the Voodoo 5/5500 (PCI) for the "classic" Amiga systems, I'm not aware of it.

Last edited:
The 4500 PCI (also rare) would be a better choice since I don't think Amiga driver use both chips on the 5500, but the 5500 Mac edition does have DVI while the PC versions don't.

I had a 4500 in my A3000, but upgraded to a 5500. There was an advantage, but I have no recollection what it was.

Back