• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tektronix 4051 - complete system

sellam

Experienced Member
I am offering up a complete Tektronix 4051 computer in fully working and excellent cosmetic condition.

The system is configured with a Data Communication Interface attached to the rear. It's clean inside and out. It has some scratched paint on the front of the keyboard and the nametag on the CRT faceplate is missing (I have reason to believe it may turn up), but it's otherwise in very nice cosmetic condition.

Electronically it's solid. It powers up, the screen comes up and the tape drive seems to be working fine. The screen is clear and functions perfectly.

It includes a set of four OS tape carthridges. I inserted one and attempted to load from it but I believe it's stuck internally and the roller proceeded to abrade the tape surface in the same general area and I believe the tape will now definitely have errors in those domains :( The good news is that the tape is a duplicate of the 2 others, and the fourth is a specifically labeled backup tape (see photos). The tape roller is firm, yet slightly supple, as it should be. I will be troubleshoot the jammed tape and confirm the drive is working and loads the OS in a future update (soon).

The overall quality of the build of this machine is readily apparent. It still works just fine after all these years, including all keys on the keyboard and the special function keys, and the tape mechanism (normally, as I'm sure you know, most tape drive rollers are goo by now).

The documentation set includes:

4050 Series Graphic System Reference Manual
PLOT 50: Introduction to Programming in BASIC
4051 Graphic System Service Manual (2 volume set)
4051R01 Matrix Functions (x2)
4050 Series Data Communications Interface Operator's Manual
4050E01 ROM Expander Instruction Manual
4050 Series R07 Signal Processing ROM Pack No. 1 Instruction Manual
4051 Option 10 RS 232 Printer Interface
4924 Digital Cartridge Tape Drive Operators
4050 Series BASIC Reference Guide

Tapes:

PLOT 50: System Software Tape (3 original copies)
PLOT 50: System Software Backup Tape

I'm asking $1,750 for the above, or best offer.

I've also got a separate box of software modules for the 4051:

PLOT 50 Statistics Volumes 2-4, with accompanying tapes (Volume 2 manual has Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 tapes), plus keypad overlays
PLOT 50 Mathematics Volume 2, with accompanying tape and keypad overlays
PLOT 50 Electrical Engineering Volume 1, with accompanying tape and keypad overlays

I'm asking $100 each for these modules, or $250 for all three.

I've posted photos of everything here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbaXCbi

Shipping is from Sacramento, California. Pickup is highly encouraged due to the weight and size of this lot and can be available from Livermore or the Sacramento area.

As always, please reply to me directly via e-mail for best response: sellam.ismail@gmail.com

Thanks!

Sellam

I've added a 4051E01 ROM Expander to this lot. It includes two ROM carthridges: GP Output I/F and 4051R05 Binary Program Loader.

I've put photos of the unit in the Flickr folder for this system:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbaXCbi

I will hold the price at $1,750 for the complete system with the ROM Expander.

Thanks!

Sellam

Back