• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS in US: DEC PDP-11/73 and VT420

NavyBOFH

I picked this all up and saved it from the scrapper... but my health, time, and space in the house doesn't allow another project to keep going. So sadly, it has to go.

The system is a Micro PDP-11/73 with the following cards/drives:
Slot 1: M8190 KDJ11-B CPU
Slot 2: M8067 512K RAM
Slot 3: M8067 512K RAM
Slot 4: M3104 DHV11 8-port Serial
Slot 5: M8639 RDRX Interface
Also has a working RD52A hard disk and the RX50 floppy.

The VT420 is still in excellent shape and has a matching keyboard to go with it. I also have 82 RX formatted floppies to go with the unit (apparently difficult to find already formatted and takes another DOS computer to format otherwise), and even a DECserver 200/DL with the H3104 "harmonica".

This is all located in Columbia, SC and is a HEAVY beast - so either shipping considerations would have to be taken or local pickup. I can drive it mostly anywhere in the state of SC, or up to the Charlotte, NC or Augusta, GA areas.

I am not sure as to the price since these seem to be sold so infrequently, but I am going to ask $2000 OBO plus shipping if applicable. I hate to let this go but it would be much better served in someone else's home than mine at this point.

Post-holidays bump. Still have this sitting around. I would like to find it a new home!

Necro-bump!

The PDP was moved from one home to another across town since the last bump... but now I am moving to NC and this thing will either end up living in a garage or hopefully in a new home! I don't mind selling it to someone in the SC or NC area - or shipping if someone wants to take that risk, but I would rather not have it sitting in an uncontrolled garage when I move. Please make an offer and get it off my hands!

Still have everything except the DECserver... it went to e-waste 2 years ago.

Is the 11/73 in a BA23 chassis? Rackmount or pedestal? Does it have the front bezel?
Thanks,
Steve

Its in the BA23 chassis with pedestal mount and bezel is still there! I can upload more pictures since it has been a while.

I'm in VA and would be happy to pick up in NC if it is still available.

I'm in VA and would be happy to pick up in NC if it is still available.

Give me a PM! I am traveling here and there but will be available the next couple of weeks depending on your schedule!

Bump once more! Probably the last bump before I strip it for parts and send the chassis and terminal to the scrap pile. It has to leave my garage before summer!

It would be a shame to strip it. But if it comes to that, I'd buy the chassis/backplane and the VT420. But probably not for as much as you want to get for them, considering the $2000 pricing of the complete machine.

Hey NavyBOFH, I sent a couple of messages but haven't heard back. Just thought I'd try my luck on this thread.

Edit: I see you may be travelling! Apologies if this is the case =)

Back