• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free DEC Rack and Tru64 manuals - NSW North Shore

uridium

$Greetings.

After getting a new car, I now need the garage space. I have a spare DEC Chassis/Telco rack about chest high (I'm 192cms so you can do the math). It's a 19" job with rounded edges, white trim and black sides. It's in pretty good and presentable condition. Some light surface rust on bit of the rear. I would consider it "Pretty" and attractive if you're home or retro-computer lair's decorating style is along the lines of "Old Data Centre look". Ideal!

Also have a load of Tru64, OSF/1 and various AXP manuals people are welcome to pick through.

Not interested in holding onto it for six months whilst someone comes from interstate..really wants it etc. If there's no takers, I will be forced to have a serious conversation with it and my reciprocating saw which I really don't want to do because these things I know are not easy to locate and for a retro-project it's period and as I mentioned "pretty".

Price is $0.00 and half-price on tuesdays. Give me a bell on vk2fvax@gmail.com

Originally this was one of two racks that my pdp-11/70 came in from gr0g. The other I use upstairs with the -11 and some VAX gear. This was a spare. Sadly, after 5 years, this one needs a home. Originally housed spare RL-02 (10.4mb disk pack) and TU05 (tape). Ideal rack and period for later qbus pdp-11's and early rack VAXen. Bit of sandpaper and a bit of paint will easily make the rust disapear and appear it more wife-friendly.

Al.

Back