• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Morrow Multi-IO S-100 Interface AS-IS

glitch

Veteran Member
pictures: https://imgur.com/a/r5AN8wu

I've had this board in my box of S-100 boards for a long time and haven't gotten around to fixing it, so I'm going to sell it as-is for what I paid for it ($50). This board is basically a follow-on to the Morrow SwitchBoard, it uses newer devices and is IEEE-696 compatible. Unfortunately, someone pulled the PLD/decode ROM, so it doesn't currently work. I've powered it up on my test backplane, regulators and capacitors are good. The manual is available online and documents which pins on the PLD/decode ROM do what, but IIRC it doesn't include the equations for it. I believe one could replace it with a sufficiently high speed ROM, or build an adapter and use a GAL. In any case, it's sold AS-IS, and definitely won't work if you just plug it in and expect to use it!

PM me or use use my contact form if you're interested. Price is $50, shipping in the US is $12, overseas is probably going to be $25-30.

Hey, I finally got time to work on this one! Herb Johnson loaned me his Morrow Mult-I/O that had an intact 82S100 PLD. After a fair bit of work fixing my Data I/O LogicPak, I was able to get the proper adapter going with it and read out the contents of Herb's board's PLD. They're one of (the?) first commercially successful PLDs and have no protection, so the LogicPak can read out the fuse map into a JEDEC file no problem.

I was able to find a few surplus 82S100s for a fairly high price (I know there are ROM substitutes as well), which program fine in the LogicPak. I also bought some Soviet era clones, which work too and are *much* cheaper. Pictures:

Everything together, the chip by itself is Herb's PLD.

New PLD installed in my Mult-I/O board.

Soviet clone PLDs, the top one is programmed.

Before programming new PLDs, I did get Herb's board set up and tested. Swapping in the newly programmed PLDs allowed the same tests to run. Now I have to finish fixing up my board!

Back