Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules and Etiquette

Our mission ...

This forum is part of our mission to promote the preservation of vintage computers through education and outreach. (In real life we also run events and have a museum.) We encourage you to join us, participate, share your knowledge, and enjoy.

This forum has been around in this format for over 15 years. These rules and guidelines help us maintain a healthy and active community, and we moderate the forum to keep things on track. Please familiarize yourself with these rules and guidelines.

Rule 1: Remain civil and respectful

There are several hundred people who actively participate here. People come from all different backgrounds and will have different ways of seeing things. You will not agree with everything you read here. Back-and-forth discussions are fine but do not cross the line into rude or disrespectful behavior.

Conduct yourself as you would at any other place where people come together in person to discuss their hobby. If you wouldn't say something to somebody in person, then you probably should not be writing it here.

This should be obvious but, just in case: profanity, threats, slurs against any group (sexual, racial, gender, etc.) will not be tolerated.

Rule 2: Stay close to the original topic being discussed
  • If you are starting a new thread choose a reasonable sub-forum to start your thread. (If you choose incorrectly don't worry, we can fix that.)
  • If you are responding to a thread, stay on topic - the original poster was trying to achieve something. You can always start a new thread instead of potentially "hijacking" an existing thread.

Rule 3: Contribute something meaningful

To put things in engineering terms, we value a high signal to noise ratio. Coming here should not be a waste of time.
  • This is not a chat room. If you are taking less than 30 seconds to make a post then you are probably doing something wrong. A post should be on topic, clear, and contribute something meaningful to the discussion. If people read your posts and feel that their time as been wasted, they will stop reading your posts. Worse yet, they will stop visiting and we'll lose their experience and contributions.
  • Do not bump threads.
  • Do not "necro-post" unless you are following up to a specific person on a specific thread. And even then, that person may have moved on. Just start a new thread for your related topic.
  • Use the Private Message system for posts that are targeted at a specific person.

Rule 4: "PM Sent!" messages (or, how to use the Private Message system)

This forum has a private message feature that we want people to use for messages that are not of general interest to other members.

In short, if you are going to reply to a thread and that reply is targeted to a specific individual and not of interest to anybody else (either now or in the future) then send a private message instead.

Here are some obvious examples of when you should not reply to a thread and use the PM system instead:
  • "PM Sent!": Do not tell the rest of us that you sent a PM ... the forum software will tell the other person that they have a PM waiting.
  • "How much is shipping to ....": This is a very specific and directed question that is not of interest to anybody else.

Why do we have this policy? Sending a "PM Sent!" type message basically wastes everybody else's time by making them having to scroll past a post in a thread that looks to be updated, when the update is not meaningful. And the person you are sending the PM to will be notified by the forum software that they have a message waiting for them. Look up at the top near the right edge where it says 'Notifications' ... if you have a PM waiting, it will tell you there.

Rule 5: Copyright and other legal issues

We are here to discuss vintage computing, so discussing software, books, and other intellectual property that is on-topic is fine. We don't want people using these forums to discuss or enable copyright violations or other things that are against the law; whether you agree with the law or not is irrelevant. Do not use our resources for something that is legally or morally questionable.

Our discussions here generally fall under "fair use." Telling people how to pirate a software title is an example of something that is not allowable here.

Reporting problematic posts

If you see spam, a wildly off-topic post, or something abusive or illegal please report the thread by clicking on the "Report Post" icon. (It looks like an exclamation point in a triangle and it is available under every post.) This send a notification to all of the moderators, so somebody will see it and deal with it.

If you are unsure you may consider sending a private message to a moderator instead.

New user moderation

New users are directly moderated so that we can weed spammers out early. This means that for your first 10 posts you will have some delay before they are seen. We understand this can be disruptive to the flow of conversation and we try to keep up with our new user moderation duties to avoid undue inconvenience. Please do not make duplicate posts, extra posts to bump your post count, or ask the moderators to expedite this process; 10 moderated posts will go by quickly.

New users also have a smaller personal message inbox limit and are rate limited when sending PMs to other users.

Other suggestions
  • Use Google, books, or other definitive sources. There is a lot of information out there.
  • Don't make people guess at what you are trying to say; we are not mind readers. Be clear and concise.
  • Spelling and grammar are not rated, but they do make a post easier to read.
See more
See less

FS: Misc. ISA Cards $5 each

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Misc. ISA Cards $5 each

I'm thinning out the ISA card collection! For a long time I have been saving these for projects, and I'll never be able to use them all. So I figure I'd pass them on to others.

$5 each. Doesn't matter the rarity/eBay price that these have - I just need them gone. There might be some good deals in there, I'm honestly not sure!
    Can adjust price if buying multiple cards. Shipping USPS usually works out to about $4 in postage (located in NY State). I have a verified PayPal business acct. Will update post as often as possible.
    Thanks for looking!

Name … Other Notes … Ports/Headers
    1. Winchester/Floppy Controller … Assy. No. 000957 Rev C … 25 pin/ 9 pin. Compaq branded 1988
    2. WDC Video Card … WDC WD90C30-LR, S/N V9216131 … 15 pin. No slot bracket
    3. Aztech AZT2316R … AZSC63315003 … RJ11, Midi/game, Line In/Out/Mic
    4. ATI VGA Wonder 16 … P/N 109004800, Rev 2 … 1988, 15 pin, 9 pin, VIVO (9 pin barrel)
    5. MWave modem/sound/game (2x) … IBM38MDSP2780 … Has Crystal sound chip on it.
    6. 3Com Etherlink III … 3C509B-c … 1994. RJ45, BNC, 15 pin
    7. MWave modem/sound/game … IBM38MDSP2780. U3986V3 … "Has Crystal sound chip on it. Has
    8. 40-pin header"
    9. Intel 8/16 Lan Adapter … E139761. Intel 201969-221 … RJ45, 15-pin
    10. 3Com Etherlink III … 3C509B-TP … 1995. RJ45, 15 pin
    11. ESS AudioDrive … ES1688F … Audio, Joystick, volume knob, IDE
    12. Reveal Sound FX … RV82C929KT. Crystal CS4231A-KL … 3x IDE, Floppy, Audio, Midi/Joy
    13. Creative CT2970 … Creative CT2502-SDQ(on chip) … Audio, Midi/Joy
    14. ESS AudioDrive … ES1868F … Audio, Midi/Joy, IDE
    15. Intel 8/16 Lan Adapter … E139761. Intel 201969-211 … RJ45, 15-pin, BNC
    16. Creative CT2960 … Vibra 16C, CT2505-TDQ2 … Audio, Midi/Joy
    17. SIIG EX-4041 … SUN-6304HT … 9/15pin serial w/9/15 pin breakout
    18. Aztech/Crystal Sound card? … Aztech AZTSB0792-UO7, CS4231-KL … Audio, Midi/Joy
    19. Adaptec SCSI … AHA-1540CF, AIC-7970Q … Centronics, 50 pin
    20. Mio 550 Rev E … ST16C552CJ … IDE, Floppy, 9 pin, 15 pin
    21. Trident VGA-8900CLB (2x) … Trident TVGA8900CL-B … 15 pin
    22. Creative AWE CT4520 (2x) … CT8920-NBQ … Audio, Midi/Joy
    23. DTC 3181E SCSI … DTCT-436E … SCSI 25 pin
    24. Cirrus Logic FM-3131 … CL-MD4450C-SC-B … 2x RJ11, Audio
    25. Pantek PIO-001 … UM82C863F, UM82C865F … Floppy, IDE, 25 pin, 15 pin
    26. Creative CT2940 … CT2505-SDQ … Audio, Midi/Joy
    27. USRobotics Sportster 0460 (3x) … Modem … Modem/Tel
    28. USRobotics Sportster 0484 (2x) … Modem … Modem/Tel
    29. 8019RT Ethernet Card … RTL8019AS … RJ45
    30. Dialogic Gammafax Modem … Conexant R144EFXL … RJ45, RJ11, DIP
    31. Hayes 5656US Modem … RCDL56ACF … 2x RJ11
    32. Kingston KNE2000TLC (2x) … EtheRx LC KTC 8890-AXCM … RJ45
    33. Sound Card (unknown) … ADD347015, AdC Chips CM18329A … No name, no FCCID. Audio/MidI
    34. Creative Vibra 16 … Creative CT4180, CT2505-TDQ2 … Audio/Midi/Joy
    35. ESS AudioDrive … ES1869F … Audio/Midi/Joy
    36. PTI227W Controller … WinBond W83757F, W83758P … 25-pin, HDD, Floppy,Game header
    37. SCSI Card … HM82C11C … 25-pin
    38. SIIG IO1825 … 16550 Fast Serial … 2x 9 pin
    39. SIS IOSB-1 … SIS82C452 8932 … 9pin, 25pin
    40. Rockwell Modem … 1428VQH-R1 … 2x RJ11
    41. Rockwell Modem … L39/u, L3903-57 … 2x RJ11
    42. Cirrus Logic 336IFX 3420 … CL-MD4450C-SC-B (c) … 2x RJ11
    43. Rockwell 56V14H … Conexant RP56D/SP … 2x RJ11, 2x Audio
    44. Zoom Telephonics … 144ATF/ACF … 2x RJ11
    45. Hayes 5668US … 56668/56689 … 2x RJ11, 2x Audio
    46. Askey TI Modem … 1433VQH-X … 2x RJ11
    47. US Robotics WIN1801 Fax Modem … WIN1801 …

Apologies for formatting, I don't see a way to just copy/paste a pre-filled table.
    Last edited by appleontheapex; July 6, 2018, 05:21 PM.

Hi!

It's CC_333 from 68k MLA, and I was wondering if card #4 (the ATI Wonder VGA) would enable me to have VGA graphics on, say, an IBM PC/XT? My 5153 got smashed to oblivion, and I'm trying to come up with a cheaper alternative so I can at least use the machine while I save up for another 5153.

Thanks,

c

Comment

I'm not 100% certain that it would, but this site might be helpful https://sites.google.com/site/atiwonderseriesdatabase/ Just search the page for 109004800. It shows some info about the modes it supports, as well as chipset information.

Comment

Originally posted by CC_333 View Post
        Hi!

It's CC_333 from 68k MLA, and I was wondering if card #4 (the ATI Wonder VGA) would enable me to have VGA graphics on, say, an IBM PC/XT? My 5153 got smashed to oblivion, and I'm trying to come up with a cheaper alternative so I can at least use the machine while I save up for another 5153.

Thanks,

c
        I do know that the Trident 8900CL cards he has listed commonly appear on "8 bit friendly" VGA lists.

Comment

Your PM's are full OP I am interested in a few of the ISA cards. Especially that ATI Wonder
          Last edited by Culbrelai; July 8, 2018, 10:47 AM.
          Looking For: PS/2 Monitor model 8516
          IBM PS/2 Model 80 floppy cable
          IBM PS/2 Model 90 and 95 bezels
          IBM PS/2 “Cubrun” P90 Processor Complex
          Ati Mach MCA edition
          Will pay $500-1000 for a Sound Blaster MCV, ChipChat or SoundPiper

Comment

Yeah the VGA Wonder cards do work on XTs .... the Wonder 16 should actually have 9pin RGBI + VGA outputs and a bus mouse connector the round 9pin barrel. Though the RGBI and bus mouse were ommited from cheaper variants. You should be able to use the card with your new/repaired 5153 after you get that working as well...

If you don't end up getting I'll claim it.

Comment

Originally posted by Culbrelai View Post
              Your PM's are full OP I am interested in a few of the ISA cards. Especially that ATI Wonder
              All cleared out now - sorry about that.

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
              If you don't end up getting I'll claim it.
              You are next on the list if CC_333 decides that he does not want it.

Comment

4, 9, 10, 14, 15, 19, 21 (both), 35, and 38 have been sold. Thanks!
                Last edited by appleontheapex; July 10, 2018, 03:15 AM. Reason: Added sold cards

Comment

I'll take it! I might also take the other #21 card, if it's still available.

If I can get a VGA card to work, I have a couple older VGA monitors form the 90s I can use until I get a new 5153 (the one I have is pretty much beyond repair, I'm afraid).

c

Comment

I think I accidentally deleted my last post :/

Anyway, I'll take the ATI Wonder and the other #21 card, if you still have it.

PM me either here or over on the 68k MLA so we can get started

c

Comment

22 has been sold.

Comment

I can confirm that #21 does not appear to work on an IBM XT (I bought one and tested it) Card itself is functional (tested on later machine) but causes the XT to beep with the video card problem beep (1 long and 2 short) XT does not beep with my CGA card installed. Tried a whole bunch of different jumper configurations with no change whatsoever.

Still, seller is 10/10. Packed well, shipped quick, all of that. This forum really needs a seller rating system =P
                        Ati Mach MCA edition

Comment

I received my ESS sound card, looks fine. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Culbrelai View Post
                            I can confirm that #21 does not appear to work on an IBM XT (I bought one and tested it) Card itself is functional (tested on later machine) but causes the XT to beep with the video card problem beep (1 long and 2 short) XT does not beep with my CGA card installed. Tried a whole bunch of different jumper configurations with no change whatsoever.

Still, seller is 10/10. Packed well, shipped quick, all of that. This forum really needs a seller rating system =P
                            How do you have the motherboard sw1 #5 and #6 set? See Here. For VGA they must both be on. But for CGA, one of them is on and the other is off depending whether you want it to start in 40 column or 80 column mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ibmapc View Post
                              How do you have the motherboard sw1 #5 and #6 set? See Here. For VGA they must both be on. But for CGA, one of them is on and the other is off depending whether you want it to start in 40 column or 80 column mode.
                              They were incorrectly set the first time, now they're both on, still same long beep followed by two short beeps. I also have a Trident TVGA 9000i-1 and it also does not work in my XT. XT also had an Xebec or whatever HDD controller, thought that might be the problem (resource conflict?) took it out, same issue. Took every card out, just the VGA card in, still same. Le sigh. Although interestingly, the TVGA 8900CL-B I bought from OP does not seem to match any layout I've found on the internet when it comes to jumpers. Maybe its this revision -B that is just XT incompatible. The below picture is not how I had it jumpered when I tested it, just took them all out for illustration. I had J10 and J2 open, the rest shorted (People seemed to say that all of J9 should be shorted) I tried a bunch of different jumper configurations (but certainly not all permutations)

Ati Mach MCA edition

Comment

Working...
                              X