• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

EternalCRT - MDA / Herc / CGA / EGA to VGA Converter - And many other useful things!

nztdm

Experienced Member
$120 USD

Built and tested. A few available, along with other useful vintage PC items.

Profile.jpg Items.jpg Face.jpg CGA.jpg

Based on RetroCanada's FPGA config: https://sites.google.com/site/tandycocoloco/mda-cga-ega-to-vga

Convert MDA, Hercules, CGA, and EGA video signals to VGA for use with a modern monitor.
Run your vintage PCs with their native video cards for best old software compatibility.

Features:
  • Monochrome emulation in classic amber or green.
  • CRT scanline emulation in CGA and EGA modes.
  • Composite CGA mode, for more colour possibilities in supporting games, while still using the digital DE-9 connection.
  • On-screen-display controls for image position and tuning.

Includes:
  • Monotech EternalCRT
  • 2m EGA Cable (supports MDA, Hercules, CGA, and EGA)
  • 1m USB Power Cable (Wall adapter not included; use a phone charger or USB port)
  • Tested with an IBM PC 5150, IBM MDA card, IBM CGA card, Genuine Hercules card, Oak EGA card.

Shipping:
  • Items are located in New Zealand.
  • $4 - Courier within New Zealand
  • $12 - Untracked airmail. Usually 2 weeks.
  • $37 - Tracked courier. Usually 5-7 days. Only available to some countries.
  • $75 - Express courier. Usually 2-3 days. Must supply phone number.

Support for your video card, VGA monitor, or capture device, is not guaranteed. I have yet to come across a VGA monitor it doesn't work with however.

---

Other items for sale:
  • $30 - PS/2 > XT Keyboard Converters
  • $65 - XT-IDE Cards
  • $65 - Bracketless XT-CF-Mini Cards (fits alongside a SixPakPlus port bracket in a 5150) (out of stock)
  • $75 - DeluxeFloppy cards (HD floppy, Serial, Boot ROM with 8K and 32K support)
  • $30 - XA1541 Cables for Commodore drives to PC
  • $15 - 28-pin to 24-pin ROM adapters with ROM (useful for diagnostic ROM or BIOS replacement in 5150/5160)
20181203_184218.jpg Profile.jpg In hand.jpg Profile.jpg s-l1600.jpg 1545276809431_20181220_163201.jpg

And some built and tested cards when I got some of Sergey's PCBs made for myself:
  • $100 - Micro 8088 XT SBC
  • $55 - 8-bit ISA backplane
  • $55 - AdLib clones
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Maybe I should make a single post for all these items..
I have lots of good eBay feedback, but you're getting better prices here due to lack of fees.
PayPal only for payments unless you're in New Zealand.

Not the 5160. It already has 28-pin ROM's.

Fellow Kiwi's can pay in sheep ?

I swear I saw some old 5160 boards with MK36000 type ROMs. I must be mistaken. 5150 and non-PC equipment then.

Fellow kiwis can pay with bank deposit for price minus Paypal fee :D
Our local trading site TradeMe has fees as bad as eBay.

do you have any Bracketless XT-CF-Mini Cards at the moment ?

Unfortunately not. They're the only thing sold out.
I usually order parts for another batch of 10 when I get down to about 3. But these sold out too fast.

If you'd like to be notified, I can put you on a list.
They should be back in stock by the end of the month.

Back