• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PCjr with originoxesal b

There is a much easier-to-find memory expansion for the PCjr. It's called the "Tandy 1000". :p

Oh? How much do you sell them for? And by "building" I assume you mean assembling and soldering?

And testing. Unassembled kits with preprogrammed parts are $75. Assembled and tested $100. Both include S&H to US. Most other countries are +7$ more.

The only things you need to add are the plastic side-car shell from a donor expansion, a CR2032 coin cell battery, and some form of storage. Most people run an industrial Disk-on-Module (DoM) like these:

https://www.ebay.com/p/KingSpec-PAT...Socket-MLC/1459775020?iid=261448420173&chn=ps

But you can run a real PATA drive as well.

The jrIDE will change the way you see that machine. Put a couple gig worth of storage on it and you can quite literally have every piece of software ever written that supports the 8088 processor all in one place. Think about having every game and every application available at your fingertips at all times.
This will let you explore the machine in ways that would be too otherwise be too cumbersome with using floppies only.

The jrIDE will change the way you see that machine. Put a couple gig worth of storage on it and you can quite literally have every piece of software ever written that supports the 8088 processor all in one place. Think about having every game and every application available at your fingertips at all times.
This will let you explore the machine in ways that would be too otherwise be too cumbersome with using floppies only.

Completely agree! I actually do have one on my PCjr already, though an earlier one (I don't recall if it has a RTC or the RAM, it probably does but it's been a while since I've pulled it out and set it up).

Only major difference between Rev A and B is the later uses a 12885 (regular DIP chip) RTC and has separate crystal and CR2032 battery holder. The former uses the integrated/epoxied 12887. Though you can put a 12887 in either.

There's more silkscreen indicators, etc too.

Back