• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Teac Combo 700 - 3.5" Floppy & QIC-3010 Tape Drive

WSM

Experienced Member
I have two of these available, new-old-stock and never used. I used one under Windows NT using NT's backup (no driver required) and it worked extremely well. As I remember, they also worked with Windows 98SE's backup. These units were originally purchased as spares.

Each unit is a 5-1/4" form factor half-high white-faced unit that contains a 3.5" 1.44MB floppy drive and a QIC-3010-MC tape drive. The tape drive uses a standard floppy interface and I used mine on the built-in Pentium II era motherboard floppy interface without any issues. I used both MC-3000 and MC-3000XL tapes (340 MB without compression) and still have some new and sealed cartridges.

I hate to see these go to the recycler. How about $35 US plus shipping for each drive including 2 new tapes. One drive will include a tape cleaning kit and the other a third new tape.

The floppy drive is 3-1/2" 1.44MB and roughly 1/2" high, basically the same as found in laptops except with an appropriate bezel and mounting.

The top of the floppy is actually silver ... the flash and poor lighting gave the brushed metal a brownish tinge in this picture. This is a picture of the actual drive remaining ... the other one just sold and included the cleaning kit.

Teac.jpg

Forgot to add that the TEAC part number is FF-3010/700

Back