• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PC early 64k ram boards (5150 "PC1")

chris_nh

Experienced Member
Is anyone possibly interested in IBM 64/256k ram board w/ black bracket for the early 5150s? I have a possibility of getting some of these, but they are asking $60-$75 each, untested. Any interest? These are the P/N 1803816 and I wanted to see if maybe there was enough interest to do a group buy, we could get the price down. Thanks

Untested is just another way of saying... 'it doesn't work' so the price would need to be a whole lot lower to be of any interest.

FWIW, I have a new 256k board that I would sell for $50 and I will test it before I sell it to anyone.

Why don't you buy them, test them, then sell them as working for whatever you can get for them?

BTW, you failed to mention how much ram these boards actually have on them.

The amount of ram varies per board ... I only saw a picture of 1 board, but there are several available. It is the 64k/256k board, so I suppose the amount of ram will be either of those numbers, or perhaps a number between those numbers. I was told some of the RAM chips are the gold type. That's all I know about that.

I was thinking about doing the testing and such on these boards, but I'd have to get 80-100 each for them if I'm buying at $60 each. I was hoping for a lower price for that purpose, but I think the $60-$75 range still might be an OK price to collect some rev A boards if you don't mind testing them yourself. I haven't seen these boards for sale anywhere, although I'd love to get one.

Back