• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Selling my collection -quick list

WimWalther

Experienced Member
Here's a quick listing of the computers I'm selling. This covers most all of the machines, but not necessarily accessories, peripherals, etc.

If possible, I'd like to sell them as a lot, to a single buyer. Prices are to be negotiated - but please - I dont have time to deal with tire kickers or low-ballers.

CBM PET 4016, CBM VIC-20 + carts., CBM C-64 (x5) + carts., CBM 1541 (x5) CBM SX-64 Executive (x2), CBM C-128, CBM Plus 4, Heathkit ET-3400A + ETA-3400, Sinclair ZX-81 + 8K RAM, Texas Inst. TI-99/4A, Altair 8800, Atari Video Music, Atari 800 + carts., Apple IIe + Disk II, Apple IIc + Ext. disk (x2), Compaq Portable III, Macintosh 128, Macintosh LC 475 w/IIe card, Osborne 1, Osborne Vixen, Epson QX-10, Epson HX-20, Epson PX-8 Geneva, Kaypro 10, Tandy 100 + Disk / Video interface, Tandy 102 (x2), TRS-80 Color Computer, TRS-80 Micro Color Computer, TRS-80 Color Computer III, TRS-80 Model 4, IBM 5150 PC, IBM 5155 PC Portable, IBM 5160 XT, IBM PC Convertible, Zenith SupersPort, NEC UltraLite & floppy drive, Bondwell B310, Toshiba Satellite 105CS, Toshiba T1000 (x3), DataVue 25 (x2)

Here's a tip:

A list of one item per line (preferably double spaced) is going to be wayyyy more effective than the congealed mess of a paragraph you have posted. Noone wants to wade through a disarray of non-contiguous characters and symbols crammed together in a difficult-to-read paragraph. It's far too hard on the eyes, not to mention the brain. Just ask Chuck.

I little forethought can go a long way.

By request, double spaced format..

CBM PET 4016

CBM VIC-20 + carts.

CBM C-64 w/1541 (x6) + carts.

CBM SX-64 Executive (x2)

CBM C-128, CBM Plus 4

Heathkit ET-3400A + ETA-3400

Sinclair ZX-81 + 8K RAM

Texas Inst. TI-99/4A

Altair 8800 + CP/M boards

Atari Video Music

Atari 800 + carts.

Apple IIe + Disk II

Apple IIc + Ext. disk (x2)

Compaq Portable III

Macintosh 128

Macintosh LC 475 w/IIe card & monitor,

Osborne 1

Osborne Vixen

Epson QX-10

Epson HX-20 w/case

Epson PX-8 Geneva

Kaypro 10

Tandy 100 w/case + Disk / Video interface,

Tandy 102 (x2), TRS-80 Color Computer,

TRS-80 Micro Color Computer

TRS-80 Color Computer III

TRS-80 Model 4

IBM 5150 PC

IBM 5155 PC Portable

IBM 5160 XT

IBM PC Convertible

Zenith SupersPort

NEC UltraLite & floppy drive

Bondwell B310

Toshiba Satellite 105CS

Toshiba T1000 (x3)

DataVue 25 (x2)

You should also mention shipping options and expected pricing. If you want to auction them, you are better off with ebay. If you are more interested in insuring they get to good homes, selling to people on this list is better. For this list maybe working/unknown condition. For ebay you should keep with unknown, even though you might get a better price if working but you might end up with other hassles.
People have been even known to claim it wasn't working and you have to pay to ship back their old not working machine, while they keep your working one.
Dwight

Yeah, there's something nice about selling vintage computers on ebay as is no returns... Assuming you have a good reputation, the real collectors will know what they're getting anyway.

Yeah, there's something nice about selling vintage computers on eBay as is no returns... Assuming you have a good reputation, the real collectors will know what they're getting anyway.

Unfortunately (even though you list it on eBay as "Non-working, As-Is condition") if the buyer is "unsatisfied with the condition of the item", eBay will indeed side with the buyer. And if you, as the seller, do not comply (With a FULL refund, and paid return shipping of course...), they will pull the money from your account and give the buyer a refund. Without returning the item back to you. You lose the item, and the money. So, eBay is really only safe as a buyer, not so much a seller.

I speak with experience on this one. I have been burned like this before.

Ebay will side with the buyer if you don't ship was was listed in the condition it was shown. Non working means exactly that.

Too many sellers sell stuff untested as used and end up eating the auction when the items don't work.

@All

There's been a fair amount of interest, and I have a few deals shaping up. For now, I have plenty to handle and as such, won't be soliciting any more sales for the moment.

Once this first round is tended to, I'll post more info.

Thank you!

Hi WimWalther

What's the price for the Osborne Vixen and shipping to Wien-Austria ?

Thank you and regards

Danke im voraus für Deine Antwort. Gruß aus Wien

Back