• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Need advice about selling an eMachines eOne 433

aliblahblahb

I have a working eMachines eOne 433 that I want to sell, but I am not sure how to price it since I can not find another for sale. If anyone has any advice about pricing or is interested in purchasing please let me know!

Recently learned that the machine is a bit infamous for being sued by apple for infringing on their design, and so some collectors are interested in it because of the looks/history. I hope this is the right place to look for some info or interested buyers!

Not sure on the pricing of those, but I would just assume it's worth what someone is willing to pay. Probably not a whole lot as it's a Pentium 2/3 era Celeron. That era isn't really considered collectible yet for the most parts. I'd love to have it though, just on its story alone. Where are you located?

Stone,

Your comment is not particularly funny and not helpful to this thread. Please reply to a thread when you have something positive to add, not to throw in a one-liner.

aliblahblahb, your only bet on making money off this unit is by someone watching the LGR video about this machine and wanting it because of that. Its a pretty obscure model and not a very good one. I think that's what Stone was getting at; Emachines were notoriously cheaply/badly constructed.

If you can land someone whom watched the video you might be able to make some money... In all honesty it doesn't have value. Its a rip off of an Imac g3 and I can get those between Free and $50.00 in fully working condition.

Good luck with your sale

I know that it definitely would not fall under the “vintage” category, but I was led to believe it could be worth a bit to the right collecollector who was interested in the history of it. I’m located in southern Nj, sometimes I’m in Tannersville PA a bit more north. Thanks for the info though!

I would actually have to pay the recycler to take it in my town, so that was what I was trying to avoid by seeing if there was any interest in it. I didn’t know there was any worth or infamous Apple related story attached to it at the time though.

This computer was my childhood family PC, so basically trouble shooting all the issues with this PC is what got me interested in technology, hahaha. And yes, almost every search result in the last year is about the LGR video. Made it very difficult to find anyone who might want one or who is selling one. That’s why I came here!

That is what I was thinking. I have seen a few individuals who are looking for one, but I have not seen one that was up for sale online since 2017, and that person paid 150$ for it and an extra 100$ in shipping costs. But I really want to avoid having to ship it because of how heavy and fragile it is. I honestly believe it would be a true miracle if it survived being shipped.

aliblahblahb, your only bet on making money off this unit is by someone watching the LGR video about this machine and wanting it because of that. Its a pretty obscure model and not a very good one. I think that's what Stone was getting at; Emachines were notoriously cheaply/badly constructed.

If you can land someone whom watched the video you might be able to make some money... In all honesty it doesn't have value. Its a rip off of an Imac g3 and I can get those between Free and $50.00 in fully working condition.

Good luck with your sale

Yeah I feel the same way since I had a bondi blue and the eone looked interesting free or 75 would be the highest
I would pay..

There you go aliblahblahb, ChrisUnionNJ would be willing to go as high as $75.00 depending on its condition. Id say thats not too bad since Imacs sell for sell. If it has sentimental value you may just want to keep it. The IBM 5160 was my first PC and I still have it today.

I have a place in my heart for eMachines, for it is what was the spark behind the inception of VintageTech.

A design engineer who had been hired by a law firm representing eMachines when Compaq sued them over the design of the little door covering the ports on the front of the computer contacted me one day looking for old computers that might have such a feature. It was then that I became aware of the lucrative opportunities presented by patent litigation consulting, and the overall concept for VintageTech came together.

I still have one of these early eMachines PCs in my collection. I also at one point had two of the eMachines iMac knockoffs, but I'm not sure if I still have them.

Sellam

That is what I was thinking. I have seen a few individuals who are looking for one, but I have not seen one that was up for sale online since 2017, and that person paid 150$ for it and an extra 100$ in shipping costs. But I really want to avoid having to ship it because of how heavy and fragile it is. I honestly believe it would be a true miracle if it survived being shipped.

Take it to a place that will pack it for you. And pay for full insurance. That machine is something unique and should be treasured. Anything that is a flash in the pan (success or failure) should be saved for posterity.

*Opens book* How to get sued by Apple. *licks thumb and turns the page*

If this is still available, I'd be willing to buy it and pay for full insurance and shipping. If I can get one of these, a friend of mine in Germany will trade me his NextDimension board, and I need that card hard-core.

If you're in central NJ, and still have the eOne I'll go $100 for it. I'm not willing to pay shipping for any computer that comes with a CRT because of the weight, or drive very far to pick it up because of the time and gas used.

Yeah it really bothers me how someone creates a new account because they found something and attempt to get rich on our dollars. There should be a 60 to 90 day wait period (as well as message limit achieved) before an account is allowed to peddle goods.

Back