• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WANTED: Early IBM Microcomputers (5140, 5150, pcjr)

Xarpi

Hi everyone, I can't say I've been part of this forum for a very long time. As a matter a fact, this is my first post. But I have been reading posts and threads for a couple years now.

Nonetheless, I'm currently looking for a few early IBM microcomputers to complete my collection.

IBM 5140 - PC convertible
IBM 5150 - The OG, with 2 floppy drives.
IBM PCjr - Hopefully, including monitor and display.
IBM 5153 - Cga monitor
IBM model F keyboard

I've already restored and repaired 2 IBM 5170's, a 5155 portable xt, a 5160 and 5151 monitor and a ps/2 model 70. I'm looking to complete my working collection, so I can make an informative documentary of sorts on the whole range of early IBM microcomputers. If you happen to keep up with some of the retro youtubers, there are few (except for 1 or 2) up to date and good videos on the topic. Please, shoot me a message if you have any of these systems and are willing to sell!

- Chris

Please update your profile--otherwise the forum will have to assume that you reside in Tristan da Cunha and shipping costs will be disastrous.

Hi everyone, I can't say I've been part of this forum for a very long time. As a matter a fact, this is my first post. But I have been reading posts and threads for a couple years now.

Nonetheless, I'm currently looking for a few early IBM microcomputers to complete my collection.

IBM 5140 - PC convertible
IBM 5150 - The OG, with 2 floppy drives.
IBM PCjr - Hopefully, including monitor and display.
IBM 5153 - Cga monitor
IBM model F keyboard

I've already restored and repaired 2 IBM 5170's, a 5155 portable xt, a 5160 and 5151 monitor and a ps/2 model 70. I'm looking to complete my working collection, so I can make an informative documentary of sorts on the whole range of early IBM microcomputers. If you happen to keep up with some of the retro youtubers, there are few (except for 1 or 2) up to date and good videos on the topic. Please, shoot me a message if you have any of these systems and are willing to sell!

- Chris

You know that there are plenty of those on Ebay right?

Yes of course. However many of them are very overpriced, untested etc. I'd feel much better paying a fair price, for something that I either know is working, or I know what the problem is.

Nonetheless, I'm currently looking for a few early IBM microcomputers to complete my collection...

IBM model F keyboard
Which Model F? PC/XT or AT?

Hi, yes I have seen the ebay listings, and I am always looking. But many sellers want way too much, and I feel more confident buying from someone who knows about the computer

One more thing: there is a wanted subforum here as well; perhaps this thread belongs there?

Back