• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Orchid SoundWave 32 SCSI sound card

In reality, this disclaimer...

All Items that i test work for now and there is no guarantee how long will they work.
Due to age selling as non working, for parts only, without returns or any refund. If you don't agree with my terms, please don't bid!

would apply to all electronics as anything is subject to failure at any time.

Does that mean that all electronic items should be sold as non working, for parts only?

It is very difficult to guarantee the workability of 30-year-old electronics. Capacitors, etc... Today it works, tomorrow it does not. Buyers of retro computers must understand the risks.

A similar footnote appeared after some buyers began to misuse the Ebay protection program.

Does that mean that all electronic items should be sold as non working, for parts only?

That's how I sell. Everything is for Parts/Repair. If it works the buyer scores. If it doesn't the buyer breaks even. I also price everything as for parts (i.e. no $1000 mice/KBs here). So far no unhappy buyers but then I rarely sell and don't do it to make a living...

A similar footnote appeared after some buyers began to misuse the Ebay protection program.

It's why I quit selling on ebay entirely a few years ago. They don't accept any disclaimers at all, the buyer always wins. It's effectively no different than being an amazon seller.

Back