• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Alspa ACI-2 CP/M Computer, Dual 8" Floppies, Tested/Working/With Disks

glitch

Veteran Member
I've made up my mind on selling the Alspa ACI-2. It's a little CP/M system built into a drive cabinet, like the Ampro LittleBoard Series 100 but using 8" floppies instead of 5.25". Here's a picture of it set up with a VT320 terminal:

G630c2V.jpg

Forum post about it: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?70289-Alspa-ACI-2-Cleanup
Full writeup: http://www.glitchwrks.com/2019/06/14/alspa-aci2

Specs:

* 4 MHz Z80 CPU
* 64K RAM, 4116 type
* 3x RS-232 serial ports
* Double density floppy controller
* Two Tandon 848 single-sided 8" floppies

I cleaned the drives and fixed up an intermittent bitrate selection plug. All three serial ports are running at 9600 bps currently. This machine has run Lifeboat Associates' MEMR Rasmussen memory test for many passes with no errors. I will include a floppy with the ACI-2 CP/M boot disk from the Don Maslin disk archive, as well as a copy of my cleaned-up working disk, which doesn't have all the extra stuff that the Maslin archive disk has (the image from there was clearly someone else's working disk). The Maslin image has MODEM 7.3 on it, my working copy will additionally have PCGET/PCPUT and Kermit-80, and some other utilities I like to have, like MORE and a better directory listing program.

This item is a little on the heavy side, it will probably cost around $25-35 to ship in the USA. I can send it overseas but that will get expensive. PM me with any interest/offers.

glitch,
That brings back memories of my Brother being at Blytheville AFB and wanting to use the Alspa with a faster Baud rate
to transfer files using Modem903. I ended up modifying a Modem903 driver for the Alspa to get the speed he wanted
and it worked perfect. Man that was a long time ago.

Larry

Nice! I wonder how common/popular these little machines were, I've found ads for them in old computer publications, but very little other information.

Back