• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

HP 7970E tape drive for sale

aushitech

I have an HP 7970E Tape drive for sale
It has been well stored since 1991 (!) and has one tape and pickup spool with it.
It was used at an astronomical observatory here (Australia)
It powers up well and is very clean
Detailed photos and all part numbers can be sent on request
I can foam pack and crate it for shipment anywhere (our specialty)
What offers for this rare beast from the '70s?

Hello
I am interested in vintage computers and magnetic data storage medium.
So I am interested in your HP 7970E tape drive.
Is it still on sale?
Can you send me some pictures about it.

Best Regards

Taking another stab at this to see if there is a response.

I'm also still less than 10 posts so I'm trying to get past that number so I can DM someone who might have one of these.

@emt75 the OP hasn't been back to the forum since 2020, so you're not likely to get a response.

- Alex
Got it, thank you!

You wouldn't happen to have any contacts that deal with vintage HP equipment, would you?

I'd really like to get ahold of one of these 7970 tape drives. Or as a backup, any other tape drive that works with the HPIB interface.

Thanks either way!

Hi i currently have a HP 7970 E digital tape unit available for sale

Taking another stab at this to see if there is a response.

I'm also still less than 10 posts so I'm trying to get past that number so I can DM someone who might have one of these.
I currently have a 7970E available for purchase im new too and still less than 10 posts

Got it, thank you!

You wouldn't happen to have any contacts that deal with vintage HP equipment, would you?

I'd really like to get ahold of one of these 7970 tape drives. Or as a backup, any other tape drive that works with the HPIB interface.

Thanks either way!
Hello. Are you still looking for a 7970 tape drive? We have one and are looking to sell it.

Attachments

• Resized_image000000001(1).JPEG
    Resized_image000000001(1).JPEG
    143.6 KB · Views: 12
Cool. Welcome. I would start a new thread as this guy is (was) selling from Australia.
I currently have a 7970E available for purchase im new too and still less than 10 posts
I would also say the same for *stf86, it is best to start a new.

Back