• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1983 Access Matrix All-In-One Computer for sale. Works great!

skyline8808

1983 Access Matrix All-In-One Computer for sale. It's in great condition. Works great. Has canvas carry bag, operating disks, 64k user memory, built-in phone modem, built-in 80 cps printer, built-in 7" monitor, 2 double density disk drives, 4 expansion ports for peripherals, all software disks and manuals, literature, Playboy ad from actual magazine. Serial number 003914. Purchased December 30th, 1983 from Companion Systems in Austin, TX.

Attachments

• IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2575.JPG
    IMG_2575.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2580.JPG
    IMG_2580.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1
Please put your location in your profile so that potential buyers can estimate shipping costs. Also provide contact information, as you can't receive PMs until you've had 10 verified posts.

Also, "great condition" doesn't mean "working". Post pictures of it on and working, or note that it isn't working in your description.

Right. Often times "works great" means "I used it every day before I put it in the closet for ten years."

Right. Often times "works great" means "I used it every day before I put it in the closet for ten years."

Or sometimes the tenses are confused: The seller states "works great" but really meant to write "workED great" i.e. as in "the last time I used it before all the magic smoke came out" :D. Not saying this is the case here but seems to happen often on eBay.

I have an access matrix (before they changed the name to actrix matrix) I paid $100 for a fully working complete machine. The seller still has a NIB second machine but he wanted $500.00 I told him that price was absurd. I think $5000.00 is far more absurd. IF anyone wants to buy the one in the box for $500.00 Id be happy to put you in contact with the individual, Im sure he hasnt sold it yet. These are weird but not heavily sought after machines.

Again, it seems that rare != valuable in many cases.

Value is a f(desirability) and follows a logarithmic scale. Rarity only loosely correlates with value. For example my awesome temperature conversion program I wrote in AP Computers is "extremely super duper Steve Job's L@@K gold" rare. In fact I am not even sure if the one known copy in existence is on a disk that is readable. However, no one is knocking on my door to buy it off of me.... ;)

Yeah, but that's over-simplifying things. Demand can be influenced by social trends and advertising--witness the "Steve Jobs invented the computer" trend.

Can you elaborate? I use several temperature conversion programs and being a meteorologist you've piqued my interest.

FWIW, I have nearly 50 thermometers, etc, of various types. :)

Well mine is fantastico - it was written in Apple Pascal on a IIc and it almost accurately approximates conversion of C to F temperatures! ;) But it is "L@@K Steve Jobs" rare! Only ONE copy in existence! I mean it even has the original Maxell floppy sleeve (water stained) and the original Maxell label with handwritten labeling! :D :D I figure it has to be worth at least $5K to $10K?

Well mine is fantastico - it was written in Apple Pascal on a IIc and it almost accurately approximates conversion of C to F temperatures! ;) But it is "L@@K Steve Jobs" rare! Only ONE copy in existence! I mean it even has the original Maxell floppy sleeve (water stained) and the original Maxell label with handwritten labeling! :D :D I figure it has to be worth at least $5K to $10K?
Not what I was looking for. :)

I was hoping to get some of the operational aspects, i.e., the input(s) and output(s).

I still have a copy of Mike Lauder's "Prime Factor Basic" for the Apple II. Great little addition (modular arithmetic) for doing crypto work. Mike said that Woz really liked it. Anyone have an interest? I don't own an Apple II.

Back