• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

SCSI harddrives

ivelegacy

Experienced Member
  • Seagate ST136475LC(1), 36.4GB 7200RPM (Ultra)WIDE SCA, able to operate LVD or SE, qty=2, two dicks for 60 euro
  • Seagate ST19101n, 9.1GB 10KRPM, Narrow/SE, qty=1 for 180 euro

The item is currently located in Italy. Contact me in private for more info, etc.

Note:
(1) ST136475LC has been tested on SGI and it works with IP28 (Indigo2) and IP22 (Indy), which are both "NARROW-SCSI" computers. For operating with "WIDE-SCSI" computers like the IP30 (Octane), the hard drive must be set installed into a "WIDE-SCSI" box and set as "WIDE-SCSI" rather than "NARROW-SCSI". Trying to apply a "high-byte" termination cable doesn't work because when Irix probes SCSI devices on the chan, the Seagate firmware always replies "yes" to the question "are you a wide device ?" without checking if there is a "high-byte" termination plugged, for which it should replies "no", meaning that it's a wide-devive, but the "high-byte" termination forces it as narrow-device. To investigate the problem, I have spent a lot of time debugging with a protocol analyzer. This harddrive has also been tested on HP C3600, installed into a WIDE SCSI box without any problem.

Last edited:
Shipping hard-drives must be done with care. Don't worry, These are examples of the kind of parcels that I make with my friends. Usually shipped via UPS or SDA.

Back