• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

eBay seller with a lot of reasonably priced IBM 5170 motherboards

I bought something from him back in November for $50 + S&H and needed a new eject mechanism motor (good thing I had donor drives). I saw the board listings on there and not a bad price, even a 486 board is a good price, including VLB cards.

And did you noticed that the items described as "Tested & Working Guaranteed."
but some are clearly in non-working status, for ex. missing ICs? Like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183940799610?ul_noapp=true

I did notice that. I messaged him asking about that on one of his listings which was missing a CPU. He said that he had tested it using a CPU from his collection of spare parts, which he subsequently removed? I suppose this could be a valid explanation if he had 1 spare CPU and didn't have enough of them to populate all of the boards but advertising it as working when it's missing parts is still a questionable description IMHO.

Back