• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Magnetic Tape Reels

rambunxious

Came across these while dealing with a relative's estate. Don't know much about them. Prices seem to range on eBay, but I'm open to any reasonable offers. I'm located in Edmonton, Alberta, and I know shipping can be a bit expensive.

IMG_8323.jpgIMG_8323.jpgIMG_8324.jpgIMG_8325.jpgIMG_8326.jpgIMG_8327.jpgIMG_8328.jpgIMG_8329.jpgIMG_8330.jpg

Came across these while dealing with a relative's estate. Don't know much about them.

IBM tapes, and a disk pack, with one Univac tape.
Apparently they were associated with the school of Library Science
The only thing that jumps out at me is the COMIT/360 tape

When it comes to magnetic tapes, the value is in the content, not so much in the physical medium. Many millions of reels of 1/2" tape were produced. The pack looks like an IBM 2314 one, but that's just a guess.

Second to that. Typically if it's a random or unimportant dataset a used tape is not worth much and serious tape users tend used stock due to shedding issues, BUT they still make great novelty objects, be it hung on a shelf or stacked on a desk trying to look important.

I don't think I've seen a Uniservo tape sell in ebay recently but I would expect they would sell for a little more due to their more historical nature and fewer of them actually being made. For the pack though, no idea. I've seen them sell for anywhere between $50 and $400 but you got major condition, type and format variables.

The IBM Disk Pack is a 2316 for the 2314 drive, I believe. I've been trying to find some kind of value, but can't find any (or similar) for sale anywhere online. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Somehow, my mom and dad acquired an IBM Disk Pack cover sometime in the 1960's.
My mom used it to cover cakes!

It was made of pretty good plastic and we had it for a long time.

Back