• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Facebook: Estate sale vacuum tubes and testers. Willing to ship.

When you see sequential numbers in a sale like that, it's often just a placeholder. The seller sounded like he didn't know the value and hoped someone does.

I don't think they are asking a ridiculous price to see what offers come in. It is unlikely that many that many will be interested to bother to offer if $87K was anywhere near what they were expecting to get. Depending on what was in the tube collection, the tubes might not be worth $100. Many such tube boxes were used for TV's of the 50ies to 60ies.
Two good 1L6 tubes might be worth more than the entire lot but these are unlikely to be there. I see some 6 pin tubes but those look like some of the more common ones. The tube tester is likely worth more than the boxes of tubes. Most repair people did mostly TV's as if a radio died, most would likely just buy a new one. If there were 10 12AX7s it would be worth more but I doubt there is even one in the pile.
Dwight

Like its twin, the 58, but with a 6.3V heater. Interesting in that some vendors called it a "pentode"; RCA called it a "triple grid amplifier'.

Yes, in my very younger days, I spent hours with tube manuals. I can still recall the basing and ratings of most common types. A misspent youth.

Back