• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Zip 100 Drives - 1 Parallel & 1 USB - AS IS - $15 incl. shipping

twillkickers

Experienced Member
See attached photos. The drives have not been tested, the parallel one accepts disks and whirrs like it should when a disk is inserted, but the USB one appears jammed. Doesn't include cables or power adapter. $15 incl. shipping.

DSC_0312.jpgDSC_0311.jpgDSC_0310.jpgDSC_0309.jpg

Zip drives, as-is? No offense, but a bad one can mangle disks, which will go on to destroy other drives. Unless selling for parts, you'd get more by checking both out. :)

Fair enough - I'm just lazy to check them and clearing some things out. I'll check the parallel one if anyone expresses interest and would like them checked - I can confirm that the USB one is DEFINITELY parts only because you can't even get a disk in there if you try.

Haven't tried manually ejecting disks from it, but when I power the parallel drive it ejects disks with the normal eject button just fine.

Could be a power issue or an intermittent mechanical problem--it does happen.

On the rear of the unit, there should be a small hole. Get a paper clip or similarly-sized piece of stiff wire and stick it into the hole to release the disk.

Back