• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

A couple more motherboards that need to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
Have the following 2 motherboards that need to go.

Intel SE-440bx Slot 1 Pentium II/III
Tandy 1000 with 128k on board and version 1.01 ROMs in it. This is the original release board.

As usual make an offer

maybe if you posted that they were going to be trashed, and you would give them away for free if the buyer covered shipping, people would be more eager to make contact than some ambiguous listing with no asking price and "make an offer"

Don't be so hard on Frank. He's a great enthusiast and computer hobbyist, not just someone who collects junk and recycles old parts. He has a home and his space for what he does is at a premium, just like anyone else who's into this thing.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be hard on Frank here either, I think I still owe him an extra thanks for selling me a Model I power supply brick for a reasonable price years ago. All I might suggest is if you're mostly looking to re-home something it might be worth just tacking a trivial fixed price onto it like "$5 plus shipping" to cover the hassle of mailing. People get nervous about "make offer" statements that don't set ballparks.

(I probably would have paid shipping and handling for the Tandy 1000 board, I just didn't want to waste his time with an insultingly low offer.)

I'm not going to be hard on Frank here either, I think I still owe him an extra thanks for selling me a Model I power supply brick for a reasonable price years ago. All I might suggest is if you're mostly looking to re-home something it might be worth just tacking a trivial fixed price onto it like "$5 plus shipping" to cover the hassle of mailing. People get nervous about "make offer" statements that don't set ballparks.

(I probably would have paid shipping and handling for the Tandy 1000 board, I just didn't want to waste his time with an insultingly low offer.)

I like him too, the purpose of my post was to convey this exactly. No one wants to deal with the uncertainty of a listing with no asking price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back