• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

386 Desktop, 2 CRTs, and 2 Small Boxes of Random Items -- FREE -- (Visalia, CA)

DawsASL

I have a working 386 desktop:
Mobo: https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/A/ASUS-COMPUTER-INTERNATIONAL-386-ISA-386U3.html
CPU: AMD 386 DX40
3.5MB RAM
Working 3 1/2 Drive
Working 5 1/4 Drive
HDD has a few bad sectors.
Needs a new BIOS battery (as expected).

CRT Monitors:
1. 14" CTX
Model: CVP-5439A

2. 14" Impression (HELM Engineering Corporation)
Model: IM1439SV
Mfg. Date: July, 1992

There are a couple of small boxes of random items (as well as the non-working 386 case, if you want to try to troubleshoot it).

Here's the story: Around 20 years ago, my grandfather heard that a local school was giving away its older business computers. Since my grandfather was lousy at organizing his business records, he thought that he could use a computer for his business. He went to pick up a computer or two, but he was terrible with technology and no one could teach him anything. In the end, the computers stayed on a desk in a spare bedroom until a few days ago.

My expectations weren't too high that anything would work. Fortunately both monitors, both (generic) keyboards, and one computer are all functioning. The 5 1/4 floppy drive didn't work, so I swapped it out for the one from the second computer. (That computer has a dead HDD and won't POST.) I nabbed some other parts from that machine -- RAM, video card, etc. -- and put them in static-free bags.

I'm not after money. I just don't want to put working PC parts -- especially CRTs -- into an E-waste bin somewhere. I want someone to be able to make use of these supplies.

I'm in Visalia, California (halfway between Fresno and Bakersfield, if that helps) and would prefer if someone could meet me to take the parts. I know how restrictive that is, but I would have an awful time trying to safely ship these devices.

Thank you for your interest!

*I will not be shipping any of the items that I currently have.*

The "2 Small Boxes of Random Items" contain:
4 Pieces of RAM. (Untested, see picture link below.)
1 Acer controller card with data cables and serial ports. (Untested)
1 Generic 3-button mouse. (Untested)
1 Data switcher with cables. (Untested)

Images can be found here: https://fil.email/mszeE1Ty

Thanks, everyone, for your interest! I just gave the set to a polite youth who has an interest in getting to know DOS and that era's hardware. I think it all went to the right place.

Back